Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I'm a bad mom

Oh lord. This pregnancy brain of mine had me in tears last week because I forgot something HUGE!!! Like major. I forgot Dash's birthday! His birthday was last Wednesday and I didn't realize it till Friday or Saturday, don't remember which day. You can best believe I have been loving on that dog since I remembered. He's gotten extra treats, extra snuggles and a lot of apologies. You may be thinking "Dani, he's a dog. He's doesn't know his birthday from the next day." But I know it and I forgot it and now I'm celebrating it. 

Dash is my dog, hands down. He follows me wherever I go, he practically lays in my lap if I'm on the couch, he has to touch me all night while we sleep, he's loyal and friendly and I love everything about him. He loves chasing squirrels and fighting through the fence at our neighbors dogs. Besides me, Bullet is his favorite. He has to know where Bullet is at all times of the day. If he can't find him, he panics and runs around the house looking for him. Don't get me wrong, he loves Bobby, but there is something about Momma and Bullet that he can't get enough of. He's also an attention hog. If you start loving on Bullet, Dash will jump right in between for the petting. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures I have of him. 















Dash,
I love you so very much. You are one of the best things to come into my life. I think no one else in the world loves me like you do. Your dad calls you Norman Bates because of your need to always be where I am. I am sorry I missed your birthday. Happy 3rd birthday Dash. I love you my guard dog! 
-Mom 


No comments:

Post a Comment