Thursday, May 11, 2017

30 in 3(1): 25: Try a Pilates Class

Dear Diary,


I have decided I am going to try to finish this 30 in 30 list I started almost 2 years ago. My best friend Gabby went to this Yoga/Pilates class last Thursday and loved it. Not only did she love it but they offered childcare included in your class price (or Free if you want to look at it that way) so she was able to do it and have someone take care of Miguel for her. So she texted me asking me to come try this class with her. So I did!

So here we are: 30 in 3(1): number 25: Try a Pilates Class


When I was pregnant with Brody, I use to follow this Yoga app on my phone to help with my breathing. I would do a few stretches but nothing real deep. Like I would do downward dog and maybe a few leg movements but nothing to write home about. So I was really excited when this class came available to try. Plus they will watch my son for me...win win!

The place I went to is a beautiful establishment. It's called Empower Pilates Barre. The ladies there were extremely friendly and made me feel super comfortable. Gabby and Lina did the class with me and I was so glad to have them there. 





I never realized how unflexible I am or how unstable my body is. I tend to sway to the right because I hold Brody on my left hip so trying to straighten myself forward was a struggle. She said the more I did it, the better my body will be. I was dripping sweat by the time we were done. She taught me a whole bunch of different poses and my body went in ways I didn't know I could do. I was able to focus on my breathing and my core and y'all...I am already sore!



The child care area was awesome. They had snacks and played and they even had Netflix for the kiddos to enjoy. Starting in June, they will have more classes available for childcare because right now it's only Tuesday/Thursday at 9:45am. Also, can I just say that this was the first time Brody was without me in this kind of environment and he rocked it. Granted he had Miguel and Isabel and I'm sure that helped but I was so proud of him. 


Here is all the info need. You sign up online and pay too. The classes range in price but mine was only $10 for my first clas and it was an hour long! So go to the website and check it out. It was so much fun and I think I am going to stick with it. It focuses on other parts of my body that Swink Sweat doesn't. Next time we are going to try Barre and then maybe the actual Pilates machine that stretches your body beyond your control haha


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment