Thursday, May 19, 2016

30 in 30: 15: Mother's Day

Dear Diary,

With this being my first Mother's Day, I thought it was only appropriate that it be a 30 in 30. I've never had one, I've never gotten to experience what it's like to have a Mother's Day, so I thought it was only fitting to have it be one. 

So here we are: 30 in 30: number 15: Mother's Day



What a day it was. We woke up and went to breakfast at this awesome place called Our Place in Mansfield. I got sausage pancakes and coffee. They put actual crumbled breakfast sausage inside the pancakes. 




Then we came home and Brody took a nap and I relaxed some. After he woke up, we went to the grocery store and my boys bought me some flowers. 

After we got home we all just hung out together and played. Then Brody and I took a nap. That evening Bobby made me a feast! He made pimento cheese bacon burgers, loaded cauliflower mash and broccoli fries with a spicy ketchup. And a nice white wine to drink. 



My first mother's day was simple. Was easy. No flashy jewelry or extravagant dinner. It was spent with my boys. And the best thing that I got that day was Brody saying Momma for the first time. I got it on video and will load it to Instagram tonight. It truly is the best and I will forever remember it. There is nothing like hearing your child call you the name he gave you for the first time. I have watched this video a thousand times and can't wait for you to see it.  

Because God gave me you, we made him and that is the best gift in the world!



Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment