Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Get-Away

So last week, Bobby and I had a really fun get away, just the two of us. He worked really hard last year at work and ended up being one of the top salesmen in his company and because of that, they rewarded him with an all inclusive trip! This year they sent the crew to the Dominican Republic to a city called Punta Cana. 

Do you know how many people I told I was going to Punta Cana thought that was in Mexico? Almost everyone! 

Anyways!

So we left really early Tuesday morning and got back Sunday afternoon. I didn't take nearly as many photos I thought I was going to. About half way through my trip, I got sun poisoning (a blog for another day) so that required me to spend the rest of the trip indoors. But I did get to enjoy the beach and the resort for a few days and below are the pictures. 

The resort we went to was Paradisus Palma Real and this was the first view you got when you walked in. We got our own butler the whole time so that was nice. 

The beach was right outside the window. I am a little obsessed with the bunny on Instastory so she appears a few times in these next photos! 




A buffet was available 24 hours a day. 





Because we were in the reserve section of the hotel, we got our own pool. Well not "our" own pool but the place was welcome for families and in this section of the hotel was adults only so that was nice. It was quiet and calm and no kids running around. They were really good about keeping families and couples separated. 



The view of our hotel from the beach. 










My favorite drink the whole time I was there. It was only 4 or 5 ingredients but it was the best drink I have ever had. The bartender wouldn't share the recipe but I do know it had Bombay Sapphire Gin, Mango, Club soda, Basil and maybe one more ingredient. 

This poor dude. 21st birthday and his parents brought him. He couldn't walk or talk and tried to hit on a girl and it was bad. But funny for us pros on the other side of the bar! 







Ok so this was Thursday night and you can see in the picture one of my eyes is slightly smaller than my other. This was my first sign something was wrong. Little did I know what was going to happen to me over night. I promise to blog about it in the next few days because it's something that should be talked about. 

This was Saturday afternoon when I was able to venture out again. I sat under a cabana the whole time and after the sun set behind us, only then did I venture out to the pool and beach since the sun was not on me. 




When we got back to the room, our butler had this waiting for us for our last night. It was delicious and totally what I needed after my last 36 hours! 


What a trip I had with my boo. I didn't get one photo of us together and I have no idea why. If it wasn't for the sun poisoning, it would have been amazing. Bobby's company took great care of us and it was nice not having to pay for anything. I was so ready to get home to my baby boy though and so was Bobby! It is important to get away with each other because you need that time together but there is nothing like getting home to the child you made together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment