Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My 20's

Dear Diary,

So yesterday I turned 30. I am still trying to wrap my head around that I am no longer in my 20's. I have always felt like I have an old soul, that I was always a little old for my age, even in high school when I would hang out with the older crowd. I just got along with them better. I never understood being immature or doing things that made you look stupid. That's not to say I haven't had my share of looking stupid or not thinking straight, but for me, age was always just a number. But now that I am 30, this number just isn't clicking in yet. Do I feel older? No. Do I look older? No. Does turning 30 change me in anyway? No. Do I wish I was turning 21 instead and got to redo my 20's all over again? Maybe :) 

To me, 30 means you are officially an adult. Like, no kidding around this time. You can get away with a lot in your 20's. People excuse you cause your still learning. But in your 30's, it's completely different. If you do something stupid in your 20's, you get a slap on the back and they say do better. If you do the same stupid thing in your 30's, you get told to grow up and be an adult or that you need to get your life on track. I just feel like there is so much more that is demanded out of you when you are in your 30's. 

Before I let my 20's go, I want to look back on them. 

The biggest thing that happened to me in my 20's was getting married to my man. 

Also in that 10 year span, Bobby and I got Bullet. 

And we got Dash. 

And we found out we were pregnant. 

I became an Aunt for the first time. 

And a second time.

And a third time.

And a fourth time. 

And a fifth time. 

I also got to visit New York for the first time. 

And I got to visit Las Vegas for the first time.

And I got to visit Jamaica for the first time. 

Bobby and I purchased our first home. 

And we purchased our second home. 

I formed an ever lasting bond with the best women in the world. 

I lost a friend. 

I found a love for wine. 

I got to go to France because of my love for it. 

I found a love for cupcakes and was introduced to Sprinkles Cupcakes that rocked my world. 

I became gluten-free.

And I started my own Blog. 

My 20's were good. There is so much more that happened to me but these are the ones that really stand out. I loved my 20's. They were a learning curve for me. I found out what I like and don't like in this world. I learned to make decisions on my own and to stand by them. I feel like I found my voice. I'm not as shy as I use to be. I have learned to laugh at things. I became a wife, an aunt and a mom (to a fetus and 2 dogs). I learned to lean on God and trust in him. 

I have been told my 30's will be better. That they will feel easier at times and more rewarding through the hard times. I don't know what 30 will hold besides my newest addition of Mighty Mouse, but I seriously can't wait to see. I have my man, my baby, my family, my friends and all of you to take this 30 year roller-coaster with. Hold on....it's gonna be fun! 

Love, Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment