Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Swim class

Last Friday I went to see Landry and Hayden show off for their swim class. And of course I brought my camera to document their every move. Landry is a really good swimmer. Always has been. She is like a little fish and she likes to do well with her swimming so I knew she would impress. But this was Hayden's first swim class and he did so good. He is not a fearless as she is in everyday life but he is going to be a little fish like her. 
(Warning: there's a lot of photos)


Landry's class was up first. They showed off their over hand swimming, they threaded water, floated like a dummy, showed us their dives and had a fun relay. 





















 Then sister was done and it was time for brother. But not before a quick photo for Ninny.




Hayden showed off his under water skills, how he can hold on to Kara when she goes under, floated by himself and going through a hula hoop to Kara. I don't know how they do it. My heart races every time they shove their heads under the water. I told my mom that Bobby might be the one to do swim lessons for our kids because I don't know if I can. 






















What's sad is these kids swim better than me! I was never a good swimmer. I always had to relearn each year. I love being in the water, I just don't like the deep end. And if you know me really well, you know when you go to the beach with me, I go about waist deep and I'm good. I am the type that sits on the sand with a book or at the top of the beach where the water meets the sand. That's the area I like to be and it works for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment