Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Registry Must Need List

Dear Diary,

Last week I asked a bunch of different moms about the things they can't live without when it comes to their baby. Bobby and I are registering this weekend so I thought I would share the list of the most common things I heard from these gorgeous moms. 

Big things-

  • Video Baby Monitor- to help ease my mind at night and be able to see him sleep
  • Sound Machine- to help him sleep at night and at naps
  • Humidifier- one that produces cold air, not hot. 
  • Body Scan Thermometer- can get baby's temp much easier
  • Honest brand Diapers and Wipes- had already decided on this before a few of them mentioned it
  • Avent bottles- I used these when I was a nanny and remember loving them so much 
  • Swaddle wraps- to help them sleep
  • Puj Tub- I bought one for Kent and Kristen still uses it for the Billie Marie. Can be used up until they are old enough to sit in real tub 
  • Mamaroo- my sweet sister gave me one 
  • Jogging Stroller- because I am a runner and when I go, he goes
  • Boppy Pillow- to help with breast feeding or bottle feeding or when I want to lay him in my lap and see his sweet face
  • Baby gate- would have never thought to register for one
  • Pack-N-Play- this is a huge must for vacations and over night visit to Mimi's and Grammy's house 
  • Bouncer- even though I already have a Mamaroo, a bouncer is nice for a quick put down and can be transferred from room to room with ease
  • Decor- because it can get expensive and people will buy almost anything you put on the list (includes sheets, lamps, pillows, rugs, blankets, anything else he needs for his room)
  • Highchair- cause he will need to sit up and eat one day
  • Small crock pot- This is actually something I came up with. You keep water in it all day and night and keep it on low temp and when you make a bottle or pull frozen breast milk out of the freezer, you simply place it in the crock pot and it warms it a natural way 


Small things-

  • Nail clippers
  • Butt paste
  • Wipe carrier
  • Gas drops
  • Teething tablets
  • Wash clothes
  • Baby medicine
  • Nose plunger 
  • Laundry Detergent for baby
  • Bags for dirty diapers


Things I can avoid on my list- 

  • Diaper pail- can make the room smell really bad and the trash bags that go in them can get costly
  • Swing- since I already have a Mamaroo and will want a bouncer, this is a waste of someones money and space at my house. 
  • Clothes- as much as I want to register for this, I was told people are going to buy it anyways and to save space on my registry for things I really want and need. Plus, he has Janet Clemens and Debbie Lewis as grandmothers and Kent Samuel Lewis, Colton Levi Talbert and Hayden Timothy Smith as cousins I can always take from :) 



I have decided to register at Babies-R-Us and Pottery Barn. I'm a huge fan of Pottery Barn decor for babies so most of that will come from there and everything else come from Babies-R-Us. I thought about Target but I hate their registry program and Buy Buy Baby is not found in some cities so I am trying to keep it as neat and easy as possible. 


Thank you to all of you who helped me out. Registering this weekend is going to go so much smoother knowing what I really need to look out for and what I can avoid looking at. 


Love, Me




No comments:

Post a Comment