Thursday, April 2, 2015

30 in 30

My friend Jasmine, who I adore to the moon and back, did something when she turned 25. She found 25 things she had never done in her life, and did them. She called it 25 in 25. She inspired me so much, that I decided that I am going to do 30 in 30. I am going to find 30 things I have never done before, and do them. And of course, blog about each of them. My birthday is June 29, so from the 29th-August 4th (my due date) I have to find things a pregnant women can do. I have started a list for myself but need so much more. I would love advice from you all. Things you have done, things you have seen. I don't want to put myself in harms way, or have it cost an arm and a leg. Think of this as a bucket list for my 30th year. Like one of the things on my list is to have a baby....and well, I will have 1 down and 29 to go. And there are some things that come with the baby that I will have never done so I will apply those. But I am trying to find things outside of the baby. Something to challenge myself, to find things I would never do and do them. To learn to say yes more instead of running and hiding. You may not know this, but I am a shy person. I don't need or want to be center of attention. Why I married a man that does. So finding 30 things for me to do is going to be a challenge within itself. I like my routine. I like my normalcy. 

I am hoping you all can help me! Give me some ideas. Just remember I won't do anything that can kill myself, like jumping out of a plane. I know I might be chicken on that, but I will have a newborn to come home to so I don't want to do anything that will risk my life in any way. There are many things you can do in this life that don't involve hurting or killing yourself and I am bound and determined to find them. Also, I won't do anything that embarrasses me. This isn't about doing those kinds of things. This about finding things that I might never do again. Like fly a helicopter or learn how to drive a stick-shift. Climb a mountain (a small one) or volunteer at an animal shelter (which IS on my list). 

I would love to have as many suggestions as possible. I will add them all to my list, or let you know if I have already done it. 

Thanks in advance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment