Friday, October 17, 2014

What does the Bible say about...?

I have found the most amazing website! What is it you ask and what is it about? Well, have you ever needed a Bible verse about something particular, like love, or hate, or friendship but can't remember or can't find in the Bible where it talks about it. Well this website helps you. You simply type in what you are looking for, say hard work, and every single scripture that has anything to do with hard work is found!!!! I use this website almost daily. Like when I am feeling sad, I type in sad and it says there are 26 Bible verses about sad and I read through all of them and it makes me feel better.
2 Timothy 2:1- You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Jesus Christ,
 
 
 
Reading God's word when I am feeling a certain way always makes me better. Rather I am happy and want a verse on being happy. Or I am sad and reading how God loves me no matter what and how to take my sadness and use it to my advantage. How to help myself not be sad. The Bible is the greatest book ever written. I am in the process of reading it from start to finish. It is taking me some time and I am about 1/4 of the way through. It is the most difficult read. The amount of stories and people and lessons to learned just take my breathe away. I have had to reread a few stories, I have been confused on some stories and I have cried at some stories. 
Psalm 119:125- I am your servant; give me understanding, that I may know your testimonies.
 
There are sometimes I get mad at God or I question God. I find it to be only human and I do sin. I am not perfect nor try to be. And those times I do question him or get mad at him, I usually find my answer. Sometimes it hits me square in the face and sometimes it's a simple gesture. But I always try to ask God for forgiveness when I do question him. I don't always know why but I have to have faith in him and his word.
Romans 15:4- For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
 
 
 
The power of pray is amazing. The fact that we as humans can rally together for the sake of Jesus Christ just blows my mind. Prayer already has a healing effect on the soul, but when you add more people to the prayer, you can literally feel it. The warmth of it, the spirit of it, the heart of it. And sometimes, even though you and your friends pray for something to go your way, it doesn't always work out that way. But we must trust God and understand his way and never ever stop praying.  
James 5:16- Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
 
All of these scriptures I found are from this website. I just typed in what I was wanting and it found it for me. I hope you bookmark this website and use it everyday. Even when you don't need a scripture, it's nice to just type in different words and read on what God says about it.
 
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a wonderful weekend!
See you next week! God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment