Monday, September 15, 2014

"Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there."- Holly Golightly

He ask me why I love her so much. What about her just takes my breathe away and makes me all giddy inside. Why when I saw her on 5th Ave, my heart stops and I have to hold his hand that much tighter to help myself not faint. What about her makes me feel this way.....?
 
 
 
 
Welcome to my Day 2, part 2 of my New York trip. After getting lost in Central Park, we made our way out on the East side and got caught in a parade. So Bobby did his best to get us out of it and we kept making right turns and left turns and going up and down the same street. All while I am just taking pictures of everything I see. I know I was no help to him, but being the AMAZING husband he is, he just took my hand and kept walking. Never fussed at me or got mad that I was walking to slow or not paying attention to where I was going. I am very directionally savvy so I knew we couldn't really get lost. I would be able to get us back, knowing the streets and numbers.
 








 
So we kept walking, getting caught in that damn parade that seemed to be on every street and BAM.....right in front of my face was HER! I didn't even realize where I was till I heard my sweet husband kind of smurk, like he planned this all a long. To surprise me by getting us lost and then we "somehow" manage to make get unlost at the place I have dreamed of visiting ever since I was little girl. But there she was...so I channeled my Holly Golightly and went and stood face to face to her...
The Beautiful Tiffany's on 5th ave.
 




So I turn to him, with the biggest smile on my face and he said Go On!
 
Side note- I don't believe I need permission from my husband to do anything. I am a very independent women who makes my own decisions in life. Bobby never tells me what to do because the end result won't end well. But there are times in my life that I need my husband's guidance. He is a very Godly man and works his butt off to give us nice things in life. And this happen to be one of those times. I have no self control when it comes to shopping and he knows this. So he is my voice of reason when it comes to shopping. I never go shopping without him. I just can't do it. So when he said to "Go On" and that he would go next door to the big Nike store, I was like "What? You want me to go by myself in a store I will have no self control over? A store that I have dreamed of going into ever since I was a little girl.....?" Without him answering I said "Bye" and raced in before he changed his mind.
 
I did not take any pictures inside. I walked around with my hands behind my back, like I was in kindergarten! I went up to all the floors, visited the gorgeous bathroom and when I was coming back down the elevator, an over whelming feeling got to me and I knew I had to get out. I was afraid to buy anything because I knew I would fall in love with one thing (I mean I fell in love with everything, I am just saying there would be one thing I couldn't live without) and it would be HUGE price-tag and I wouldn't be able to say No and my husband would have probably divorced me right in front of Tiffany's!
 
It truly was everything I imagined it to be. Beautiful, elegant, smelled nice, friendly staff, high security, made me feel like a million bucks!
 
When I walked out, I expected my husband to be standing there waiting on me because I knew I had taken forever but he was no where to be seen. What I didn't realize, was that the Nike store he went into was 5 stories tall. I had to go into Nike and get my husband. When he should have been the one to come get me from Tiffany's!
 
Men!
 
So we continued our walk back to our hotel and I swear it was the best walk back. My step was lighter, my face hurt from smiling and everything we kept seeing just made me giggle out, I love New York! 

 
 



 










 
 
So I know I was going to do Day 2 in 2 parts but there was just so much that happened on that Saturday that I don't want to bore you too much in one day....so stay tuned to tomorrow to see Day 2, part 3 of my New York adventure where I take the Subway for the first time.
 
 
 
How about a Fun Fact?:
When all the grandparents and family and mom's got seated at our wedding, I had Moon River playing as they all walked down. It is one of my top favorite songs and I couldn't image it not being part of my wedding. So when I was walking through Tiffany's, I hummed Moon River to myself! I told you....I channeled her in every way I could!
 
 
Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting, round the bend
My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waiting, round the bend
My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me
 
 
 
When I saw this picture, it reminded me of Bobby and myself (minus the smoking). That's the look I get almost everyday from him :) :) :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment