Friday, September 26, 2014

I can always tell its time to bathe him when he starts to smell like one of my favorite chips!!!!

So this is Bullet!
 
Bullet is a French bulldog and one of my children. Bullet suffers from seasonal allergies and is the type of dog who licks his feet. When Bullet licks his feet to much, they start to smell. And the smell smells like Fritos. No joke. So if you ever have had or do have a dog that has what I call "Frito Feet", I am going to tell you how you can help him/her out with that.
 
 
 
One of the many perks to Coconut Oil is the solution to Frito Feet. The reason you want to help your dog out and get rid of that is because it is bacteria mixed with their salvia, all built up into their paws. When too much bacteria gets into their paws, they start to lick. And lick and lick and lick. And that bacteria can be bad for them. Dogs come in contact with so many things and then to put those ingredients into their system can be very harmful. I did some research to find out what I could do to help Bullet out, and the #1 thing I kept coming across was Coconut Oil. So Bobby and I tried it. And OMG...it worked instantly. Not only did it take the smell away, but he didn't lick. It took the itch away from him too. It also helped with his allergies. I normally will give Bullet half of a Benadryl when he is really bad, but I have been able to cut that almost to not giving it to him at all.
 
So grab your 4 legged child, Coconut Oil of your choice, a water hose (or in the bathtub, just be sure to really clean the bottom of your tub when your down so you don't slip) and a towel and let's get rid of that Frito Feet!
 
It's a really easy 3 step process.
Wet their feet a little.
Rub in the Coconut oil. Front feet first.



 Make sure you really get deep in their paws. Bullet loves this part of the ordeal. See the smile on his face!

 
And then rinse them very well.
 
Next do the back feet.
 
And rinse.
 
Then make sure you towel dry their feet really well. Don't let them go walking around the yard. I would also recommend taking them inside for about an hour so the feet really have time to dry.

 
Coconut Oil will not hurt them but you don't want to track it all over your house or make them slip and slide everywhere.
 
Then after he is done, its always time for a photo shoot. Bullet definitely has the looks in our family. I mean look at the face. How can you not love a face like that!

If I only knew what he was saying to me. Actually, I may not want to know what he is saying to me. It might be for the best that he can't talk.

 
Also, this is the brand we use at the house.
 
You can find a few different selections at your local grocery store. Also, please make sure if your dog does suffer from this to clean his/her feet once a month. It took Bobby and I like 2 minutes last night from start to finish. Even if your dog doesn't suffer from Frito Feet but does have allergies or licks his/her paws, it won't harm them to do this. I promise.
 
 
My other pup, Dash, was not liking all the attention Bullet was receiving so to pacify him, I took his photo. I told him he would make the blog as well so here is my sweet Dasher!
Brat!
 
 
If you love dogs as much as me, you can follow me and my boys on Instagram at dani_lynn_lewis to see all the fun times we have!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
 
 
Next week I will share my new favorite after dinner treat that you don't have to feel guilty about, a look at some upcoming movies I am so excited about, a retirement party for my granddaddy, a fun flashback Friday & another Dear Diary post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment