Tuesday, September 9, 2014

There's nothing you can't do!

What a trip New York was. I took so many photos and are still going through them. Since I don't have my camera back (shout out to my amazing sister-in-law Kristen for allowing me to use her camera in NY) I cant upload them to my computer yet so my trip around Manhattan will have to wait till the end of the week.
 
But I wanted to say one thing about New York that I really truly loved. I will describe my trip in a future post but there is something that really sticks out to me that I really want to share. If you have been to NY you might know where I am coming from and if you haven't, I hope you can get a sense of what I mean.
 
Walking around the city, you notice so many different people. So many different cultures and lifestyles all thrown into one. You see wealthy and poor, homeless and Escalades but it doesn't matter. I never got the feeling that I was different or looked different. No one cares what the person next to them is doing. You are free to be who you want, when you want. If you want to stay out till 2am, no one will judge you. If you want to wear a mini skirt, high heel boots and a tube top, no one says anything. The night Bobby and I went on our anniversary date, we were both dressed up walking to the dinner. If this was Dallas and we were walking around, we would have either stuck out or something would have been said. But not one person in NY gave a funny look or asked us where we were going or made any sort of gesture to where we were from. Plus in Dallas you drive everywhere, even to dinner. In NY, you walk. I think I lost weight where I should have gained eating all I did. It seriously is the city never sleeps. There is always something going on or something to do. The only time we stayed in our hotel was to sleep and change our clothes. It's the type of place that makes you want to get out and be who you are. You do need some money in the bank because it's no lie how expensive everything is. I wish I lived by Central Park. I would run it everyday. It's so beautiful and there are so many people getting exercise. NY does smell like stinky trash so if you can get over the smell, the city is really fantastic. I would recommend anyone to go to NY, especially Manhattan. We stayed so close to everything we needed. It truly was such a wonderful experience. I would and will go back. Next time I need to stay longer and go to some Broadway shows, there just wasn't enough time for that. Just need to save my money first :)
 
  
 
 
 
Also, I must tell my beautiful mother Happy Birthday! What an amazing women you are. You raised me to see the beauty in life and to not judge people based off how God made them. You taught me how to be kind and patient and to not be afraid to be me. You are the most wonderful, beautiful, loving women in the whole world. I am so blessed to be your daughter and can't wait to celebrate you!
I love you mom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment