So for those of you who have been living under a rock or don't have time to watch the Olympics, I thought I would update you on the medal standings.
As of 11am Monday morning, US has 26 gold medals, 21 silver medals and 23 bronze medals! We are currently in first place with a dominating 70 medals in total. The US is killing it this year. The athletes are on the peak of their season and I get so excited when I watch.
What make up those 70 medals:
- Swimming counts for 33- 16 in gold, 8 in silver and 9 in bronze
- Gymnastics counts for 6- 3 in gold, 2 in silver and 1 in bronze
- Track & Field count for 6- 2 in gold, 2 in silver and 3 in bronze
- Tennis counts for 3- 1 in gold, 1 in silver and 1 in bronze
- Judo counts for 2- 1 in gold and 1 in silver
- Rowing counts for 2- 1 in gold and 1 in silver
- Shooting counts for 3- 1 in gold and 2 in bronze
- Cycling- Road counts for 1- 1 in gold
- Fencing counts for 4- 2 in silver and 2 in bronze
- Diving counts for 2- in silver
- Archery counts for 2- 1 in silver and 1 in bronze
- Cycling- Track counts for 1- in silver
- Equestrian counts for 2- in bronze
- Golf counts for 1- in bronze
- Weightlifting counts for 1- in bronze
Best reaction for the gold goes to this girl, Simone Manuel! And then when she was interviewed, she gave all the glory to God. #mynewgirlhero
The Olympic closing ceremony is Sunday, August 21 at 6pm. I can't wait to see what the US can do this week to add to our totals.
Check back next Tuesday where I will put the results for the whole Olympics.