Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fried Catfish that is good for you!...Wait what?

That's right my blog friends! My husband made me a healthy fried catfish last night. I swear he is the most clever cook EVER! I am such a hard person to cook for with my limitations (no gluten, no onions, no pineapple, no cilantro, easy tomato, no shrimp, no sweet potatoes....the list goes on) but he never seems bothered by it. He takes it as a challenge to make me amazing yummy gluten-free healthy food. And this, is probably one of my favorite things he has ever come up with. With our love for Quest Nutrition and our love for fried foods...let me introduce you to 
Quest Sea Salt Pan Fried Catfish 
(in coconut oil)
I am telling you people...this is amazing and really easy to make! Like super easy...I could have made it! And that's saying a lot! 

I will show you step by step with pictures and instructions. Read through it first so you will know what you need. 
Let's get frying! 

In this first step, you will need a good size catfish, a bag of Sea Salt Quest chips, 1 egg or egg substitute, 2 medium size mixing bowls, either a Bullet blender or a food processor and any kind of seasonings you like. You will also need a good frying pan, coconut oil and cooking spray. Place your pan on the stove at medium low heat. Spray your pan with cooking spray and add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan. Make sure it coats the entire bottom of pan. You may need more if you are using a larger pan. Make sure your oil doesn't get to hot. Coconut oil can burn really quickly so the trick is to keep it at the medium low heat. Also, turn your oven on to 425 because this is the trick to getting the catfish flaky! While your pan and oil are getting hot, let's prep your catfish. In one bowl, add the egg and mix it. In the Bullet or food processor, add the whole bag of Quest chips and blend them until they are a powder like form. Place that in other bowl. Add as much or as little seasonings you like to the Quest chips. Bobby added about 1 or 2 teaspoons of each to the mix. 








Add a little salt to the catfish, along with your other seasonings. You don't have to add much, just enough to get both sides good and seasoned. Pat it a little to make sure your seasonings are good on there. 



Then you are going to take your catfish and dip it in the egg. Make sure you get both sides good and soaked. Then place it in the Quest chip batter and coat that puppy! Don't let any go to waste! 






 If you have extra batter, just pour it on the fish. Trust me! You want all the Quest goodness you can get. After you have coated your fish, then carefully place your catfish into the hot oil. Let it fry for 2 minutes on each side, using a spatula to flip it and then put the whole thing, pan and all, into the hot oven for 10 minutes or until it looks super flaky. 

  





Pull it out of the oven with a pot holder and you're done! 




This will for sure become a staple at our house. This was the first time he made it and it came out amazing. I never eat a full meal, I always have leftovers but tonight, no leftovers. Bobby did take a huge bite off of it but he always eats my food so this isn't something new. Tonight we paired it with a baked potato and Greek yogurt Ceaser salad. 



This is the coconut oil we use at home. We found it at Kroger. If you don't know the benefits of coconut oil, you really should read more!!! It's amazing for you and it has so many ways of being used. Look for my post on it in the next couple of days on my favorite ways to use it. And some don't even go with cooking...! 




Last night I paired this with a yummy Vouvray from France. Vouvray's are lightly sweet with pear and almond flavors to it. They are so wonderful in the summer time. Very light, easy to drink, goes with anything fried or spicy. 

If you are interested in learning more about Quest Nutrition, please go to their website www.questnutrition.com  or you can follow them on Instagram and Facebook. Quest is one of the best company's that Bobby and I have ever stumbled upon. Their protein bars and chips just make our lives so much easier when it comes to snacking and making sure we get the right amount of nutrients everyday.  Thanks Quest! 




Don't forget my Younique page is always open and I am always willing to answer any questions you might have. If you would like to make some extra money working from home, please go to www.youniqueproducts.com/DaniLynnLewis/business/presenterinfo
I would love to have anyone of you join my team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment