Friday, August 8, 2014

Sooooooo............

I know I was supposed to do a blog on Lay's new chips but I can't for the life of me find them anywhere! I even went online to see where they were and the closest store was over 100 miles away. Don't they know Dallas is one of the largest cities? If anyone knows where to find them, please let me know. I wanna try them soooo bad so I can go vote for the flavor I want to stick around! With that said, once I do find them, I promise to post on them.
 
 
 
SO instead of a Lay's post, and because it has officially reached over 100 degrees here in Texas (everyday), I wanted to share with you my easy Pink Arnold Palmer recipe! I am a pink girl so instead of regular yellow lemonade, I use pink lemonade. I wish it made the drink pink but because the tea is so dark, it doesn't.
 
 
 
I start out with 5 tea bags. My mom uses Luzianne and my Grammy uses Luzianne and my sister uses Luzianne, so I use Luzianne! I like to use 3 regular and 2 decaf to help with the caffeine levels. And Country Time Pink Lemonade is my favorite.
 
 
 
Bring a small pan with water to a boil. Once you have reached a boil, turn the stove off and move the pan to another boiler. Place the 5 tea bags in the hot water and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.


 
 
Your goal it let it steep as long as you can in that hot water. You want the water to look as dark as possible.
 
 
While your tea is steeping, go ahead and get out a 1 gallon jug and fill it with 8 scoops of the pink lemonade. Almost all lemonade containers I have ever bought comes with a scoop.
 
 
Pour in your warm tea into the jug and run cold water in the jug as well. Make sure to hold on to the tea bags so they don't drop into the jug. Fill it all the way to the top. I like to run the cold water over the tea bags to make sure I get every last tea drop I can. 


 
 
I then move the jug over to the counter and squeeze out the tea bags. Like I said, I like to get as much as possible out of the bags.
 
 
You may then throw the tea bags away if you desire. I like to add 1 tbsp. of Stevia to the jug as well before I stir. It helps with the tartness of the lemonade and the rawness of the tea. After all the ingredients are in there, away you go. I like to stir awhile to make sure all the flavors have really blended well.
 
 
You are done! Take a glass full of ice and pour and enjoy. This makes for great dinner parties or bridal showers or baby showers or just a hot Texas day!

 
I like to make it the night before an event and keep it in the back of my fridge. It has all night to simmer and blend and get really cold!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just wanted to let everyone know I will be gone all next week on vacation. Yes, another vacation!! This time with my side of family to the beach! I will be back Monday, August 18th with a few new recipes and hopefully a post on Lay's new chips!
 
As always, you can shop from my Younique website at www.youniqueproducts.com/DaniLynnLewis for all your makeup wants and needs! They have some new products coming out starting September 1st that I can't wait to share with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment