Thursday, August 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Jelly Time...wait that's not right... Peanut Butter Stir Fry Time

I don't know about you, but I love Peanut Butter. I prefer creamy over crunchy, unless I am eating it with fruit or celery. I do HATE peanut butter and chocolate together. Yuck!
My husband and I go through so much peanut butter. We always try to buy the healthiest one you can find, because PB does have a lot of fat. And I know it's the good kind of fat, but fat is fat when you eat as much as we do.
If you haven't noticed, my husband likes to do experiment's in the kitchen. I have no idea how he came up with this recipe, but I am sooooo glad he did. This is a weekly staple at our house. Our future 2 legged children will have no choice but to love this. And this is also the EASIEST meal he makes. It takes very few ingredients and you don't have to spend a lot and it make's a lot. The nutritional facts are amazing and it's gluten free. Win Win!!!
 
Oh and this time we measured out what he used. Because you are adding, I wanted to make sure that we measured what he added so you can measure out too and have it taste as amazing as his.
 
Let me introduce you to
Peanut Butter Stir Fry
 
The list of ingredients you will need is:
1 pound of ground turkey
1 tsp of Kosher salt
1 tsp of black pepper
3 tbsp of sesame ginger sauce
2 BIG tbsp of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 cup of cashews or peanuts (which ever your prefer)
Stir fry pan
Cooking Spray
Spatula 
 


 
 
Turn the stove to medium heat and spray down a stir fry pan with Pam or cooking spray.
 
 
 
Once the pan is hot, add the turkey, salt and pepper to the hot pan and using the spatula, stir it all around till the meat is almost ready.


 
 
Turn the heat down to a medium low and add the sesame ginger, cashews/peanuts and peanut butter. If you really love peanut butter, you can add more than 2 tbsp. Bobby might have done like 2 & 1/2 that night because he scoops so much out. Stir that all around until it is all melting into one, about 30 seconds.  
 

 
 
AND THAT IS IT! YOU ARE DONE!
It takes 6-7 minutes from start to finish. If you notice in all my pictures, I have the clock in it. We started at 6:45 and ended at 6:51! If you taste if after all of this and would like to add more PB or ginger sauce, please add as much as you like. The measurements I gave you is what we love it at. It's a nice blend.
This night we placed it over some lettuce to make an open face lettuce wrap. You can always make this into a lettuce wrap if you would like. We do that a lot.
 

 
 
He likes to add a drizzle of the ginger sauce over it. I told you we love sauces at my household. This night we ate it with fresh grilled asparagus. Yummmmy!


 
 
Bobby also sometimes adds frozen stir fry vegetables to the mix. Just buy your favorite blend and add them first. They take the longest to cook. Once they are over half way done, you can then start the process above. You may want to add a little more of the PB, ginger, salt and pepper to compensate for the added veggies.
 
 
You might be surprised to know that Peanut Butter is AMAZING with a glass of Port........Tawny to be exact. Tawny's have a nutty flavor to them as well as some sweetness. So they would add to this dinner, not take away or hide. And Port is higher in alcohol and very sweet, so you only need a very small glass, like a 2 or 3 oz pouring. My favorite Tawny is Warre's Otima 10 year. They do make a 20 year but there is something about the 10 year I love!
 
 
 
Don't forget all you teachers out there. This is a great deal I have going on right now. Please email me for more information. danilynnlewis@yahoo.com
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment