Friday, August 1, 2014

#crunchclean

So here I sit...eating my new favorite bag of chips! Holy Moly they are amazing! I mean...light, airy, full of flavor and super crunchy. I love a crunchy chip. I had a wonderful dinner last night with some friends of mine but the whole time I was at dinner...I was thinking about getting home to these chips. I mean, what chip can you eat and not feel guilty about. None is your answer. Until now. Let me introduce to my new love.......

Quest Protein Chips! 

Wednesday night...I threatened my husband's life if he opened my box of Quest protein chips while I was at dinner with my friends. I threatened him like 4 times that night. The first time I think he thought hahaha ok she's joking. But by the 3rd reminder, he knew his wife was serious. I love me some chips and the fact that I could feel good about these chips just made the hype about it even stronger! 

So I raced home from my dinner last night and sitting where I normally place my purse was this BIG box with Quest written on it. And guess what...it was unopened. But he was standing there like a hungry dog panting for me to open the damn box. So I grabbed my camera and away we went! 

So we opened the box and dumped out all the mini boxes inside of it out. I mean it was like Christmas at my house last night. We both were like little girls screaming over glitter! 

My husband has been very patient with me while I follow him around the kitchen, taking pictures and asking him what he is doing while I take notes. Good thing he is a model and doesn't mind posing for a picture (or 20). But this night, I tested his patience. He literately moved me out of the way, grabbed a paper plate and each flavor and proceeded to dump them on the plate. He then huffed at me and was gone! 
Lesson: don't get in the way of a man when his patience is already very thin because he has stared at this Quest box since mid-afternoon! 
Anyways :) 


Let's start with Sea Salt. Very light in flavor. Has just a hint of salt. Not a lot. Would make for a really good chip to go with Guacamole or cheese dip. Or if you like a plain tortilla chip, this one is for you! 

INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Dried Potatoes, Corn Starch, High Oleic Sunflower Oil. Contains less than 2% of the following: Sea Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavors. CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (32g)
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 15
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g
2%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
3%
Sodium 190mg
8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Phosphorus 4%
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Potassium 65mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 5g
2%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 21g
Calcium 15%
Iron 0%
CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients.



Cheddar and Sour Cream was next. I tasted more cheddar than I did the sour cream part. I liked this one by itself. It had a powdery cheesy flavor to it. If you have ever had Pringles Cheddar chips, it reminds me of those.  


INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Dried Potatoes, Corn Starch, High Oleic Sunflower Oil. Contains less than 2% of the following: Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Dehydrated Butter (Cream, Salt), Buttermilk Powder, Onion Powder, Nonfat Dry Milk, Garlic Powder, Butter Oil, Whey Powder, Annatto Extract (Color), Paprika Extract (Color), Turmeric (Color), Citric Acid, Salt, Yeast Extract, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavors. CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (32g)
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 20
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
3%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
3%
Sodium 150mg
6%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Phosphorus 4%
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Potassium 65mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 5g
2%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 21g
Calcium 15%
Iron 0%
CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients.




BBQ is my favorite. OMG. It is so good. It's exactly what I want in a chip. The flavoring is so inviting. It's smoky and sweet! I just bought another box of it to take on my next vacation with my family.  


INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Dried Potatoes, Corn Starch, High Oleic Sunflower Oil. Contains less than 2% of the following: Tomato Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Spices, Salt, Paprika Extract (Color), Yeast Extract, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavors. CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (32g)
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 20
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
3%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
3%
Sodium 230mg
10%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Phosphorus 4%
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value*
Potassium 75mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 5g
2%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 21g
Calcium 15%
Iron 2%
CONTAINS: Milk Derived Ingredients.



If you are curious to know the size of the bag compared to other chip bags, I took a picture of it in my hand. I would compare it to the size of the chip bags you get at a gas station. Not the mini bags, but the next size up. 


The facts don't lie. And neither does the flavor. Thank you Quest for making such a wonderful treat! #crunchclean 


I am in heaven. Like, this is the best thing to come into my life recently. I am such a junk food person. And I am such a chip person. Going gluten free was really hard so I was so thrilled when I learned that most chips are gluten free. They just aren't healthy for you. But now, I can have the best of both worlds! 
"You get the best of both worlds. Chill it out, take it slow. Then you rock out the show. You get the best of both worlds. Mix it all together and you know that its the best of both worlds" 
Sorry, Miley fan here :) 


If you are curious to what else Quest sales, I did a blog on it HERE!

Wanna know where you can get your own bag or box? 
(come on, you know your going to order a box and that's alright. #cheatclean)
Go to www.questnutrition.com to purchase yours!  
Tell them Dani sent you. 
(It wont get you anything, I just wanted to say that)

But you can use the code ONAQUEST for free shipping!!!!



Don't forget to get your 3D fiber lash mascara at my website! Or anything else Younique! www.youniqueproducts.com/DaniLynnLewis 
See you Monday!!!! :) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment