Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Newest Addiction

Have you ever heard of Quest Nutrition? Yes...No...Maybe? Well if you haven't, you need too. I am a candy whore...I love candy, especially candy bars. But being gluten free and trying to stay as healthy as I can be, candy bars do not get bought at my household. That is where Quest comes into play. Up until recently, they only made protein bars and 2 kinds of pasta. It's a husband and wife team and she came up with them in her own kitchen. She made them from her husband as a healthy alternative, not realizing she created something so wonderfully delicious. Now, every where I go, I see Quest bars. And the best part about them is that they are Gluten Free. Everything they sell is. I always feel safe buying their products.
 
 
I have mentioned them before in a previous blog post, but nothing to the extreme. My husband turned me on to them. They come in 16 different flavors and all have between 20 to 21 grams of Protein. They net 3-6 grams of carbs and all have a high amount of Fiber. Their motto is to Cheat Clean because that's what it feels like you are doing. Eating a candy bar that is almost perfect for you. I never feel guilty and always feel full.
 
 
 
 
Here are the flavors they come in:
 
Lemon Cream Pie
 
Banana Nut Muffin
 
 
Chocolate Peanut Butter
 
 
Apple Pie
 
Mixed Berry Bliss
 
White Chocolate Raspberry
 
 
Peanut Butter & Jelly
 
 
Coconut Cashew
 
 
Strawberry Cheesecake
 
 
Double Chocolate Chunk
 
Peanut Butter Supreme
Vanilla Almond Crunch
 
 
Chocolate Brownie
 
Cinnamon Roll
 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
 
Cookies and Cream
 
 
My 3 favorites that Bobby and I keep stocked at the house are Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cinnamon Roll. The only 3 I am not a fan of are Lemon Cream Pie (because I am not a lemon flavor fan), Chocolate Peanut Butter (because I don't like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter) and White Chocolate Raspberry (because I am not a white chocolate fan).
 
 
 
They also have their version of a Reese's Peanut Butter cup's that my husband keeps stock in our fridge. He loves them and has one cup once a day. So he goes through like 4 packages in 1 week!


 
 
 
There is also their pasta. I have not tried it so I cant tell you much about it. I also haven't been able to find it in stores so this most likely is to be purchased online. (if you have seen it at a store, please tell me)
 
 
 
 
So on to the best news I received last week, well the 2nd best news I received but one is a secret and will be revealed at a much later date when I get permission. I follow Quest on Instagram (you should too because they show you fun and easy recipes that you can do with your Quest bars!) and I noticed that they were having something new come out. I actually guessed before it was confirmed but boy was I super excited. Everyone knows how much I love chips and now...I can Crunch Clean!
 
That's right! Protein chips. Sour cream and cheese, Sea salt and BBQ! I was able to preorder them last Tuesday and instead of just ordering like 1 bag each, I ordered 1 box of each! Needless to say my house is going to be overloaded on Quest Protein Chips come Thursday!!!!!!! I will get back to you on how they taste but if I was a betting women, I would bet they taste amazing.
 
 
 
So here are few of my own Instagram photos featuring Quest Bars.
 
On national donut day I made my own donut. I took the cookies and cream and formed it into a donut shape and baked it at 350* for about 8 minutes. And then I made my own frosting with birthday cake protein powder and water! And of course what donut is not complete without sprinkles!
 
So each week Quest goes through all the photos that are posted to their page and pick out about 9 best ones for that week. Well being the creative genius I am, I found a way to have Bullet hold one in his mouth and I captioned it
"My very own Cookies and Cream Monster"
 
Needless to say Quest loved it and featured it that week. And put him smack dab in the middle! Thanks Bullet for getting mom and dad a free box of Quest bars!
 
 
 
My favorite way I like to eat Quest bars, besides just ripping the packaging off and going to town...is taking the chocolate chip cookie dough, cutting it into a little rolled up pieces and baking them at 350* for about 5 mins and adding them to my popcorn! Holy moly its amazing! Sometimes I add a handful of dark chocolate chips to melt on my popcorn as well.
 
These are the kinds of recipes Quest shows you on their Instagram page. You should go follow them. They are amazing. And maybe you could win your own box of Quest bars.
You can also purchase all the bars and chips and cravings and pasta you could ever want at http://www.questnutrition.com/ 
 
 
Don't forget about the 3D fiber last giveaway. Such an amazing deal. It just takes buying one item to automatically get entered into the drawing. You have till July 30th at midnight. Good Luck!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment