Monday, July 7, 2014

35 years of marriage

So todays blog is dedicated to my parents. Today is their 35th wedding anniversary. Let me tell you a little bit about Danny and Janet Clemens first.
Danny is a one of a kind man. He's kind hearted, loyal, strong, stubborn, smart man. His favorite place to be is with his girls. You ask him...he will tell you. He loves Bobby, Hayden and Tim but there is nothing like his girls.
Janet is the sweetest women in the world. She is so genuinely perfect, kind, loving, brightens any room, never meets a stranger kind of women. Her favorite place to be is with her family. That's all she ever wants in life. Is to be with her family.
Danny and Janet met through a mutual friend that mom was dating. Her boyfriend at the time played baseball with my dad. Danny Charles Clemens was a year older so he went off to college to play baseball. But something drew him back home. Janet Lynn Copeland. After only dating for a year and engaged for months, they got married on July 7th, 1979. (So that makes Danny only 19, and Janet only 18. Their birthdays are after their anniversary date).
 
For the record, my parents would have killed me if I married at 18! It's funny how times have changed.
 
I don't really have much to write. I will tell you this though. There is no love like what my parents have. I try everyday for the amount of love they have for one another with Bobby. I have seen so many good times and I have witnessed some bad times. I have been there through no money and when they had money. I've heard plenty of arguments and I learned really fast that no matter what, there is still love. My parents didn't shield Kara and I from a lot. They felt it was important for us to see the ups and downs of life. I am a better women and wife because of it. I believe that they helped shaped me as a wife to Bobby and taught me right and wrong in my marriage. They have been the most perfect example for Kara and I. We both have incredibly strong marriages because of it. They aren't perfect but it's ok. I don't want perfect parents. Danny and Janet Clemens are perfect for each other and that's what matters.
 
I just want to show you some pictures of them from back then. I am going to try to get them in order of their 35 years together.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
What a blessing to Kara and I you both have been
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you Dad for showing me what a husband and father are suppose to be like. Thank you for all you have taught me and continue to teach me. You are my hero and I love you so very much. And in the words that I can't sing to you or I will be in tears:
"Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was crying. Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong. Daddy's hands were always gentle, but I've come to understand. There was always love in Daddy's hands"
 
 
Thank you Mom for showing me what a wife and (future) mom are suppose to be. Your kind heart and gentle ways are what I love best about you. I love you. And I know you use to sing this to me but
"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment