Thursday, July 10, 2014

Engagement

So I get asked a lot...how did you and bobby get engaged? Was it special? Did you know it was coming? How did he do it? Did you cry?
 
So here are those answers.
Bobby and I had dated for 5 years before we got engaged. Started dating in January of 2004 and got engaged in December of 2009 (so almost 6 years of dating). I always knew I wanted to marry Bobby. I just knew I wanted to wait till we were a little older. I didn't want to rush anything because I didn't want us to have money troubles like a lot of young couples I see. I wanted us to be financially and mentally ready. My heart was already married to him a long time ago so the other things just needed to fall into place. So Saturday, December 19th, Bobby Lewis headed over to my house with a box of Sprinkles Cupcakes. If you know anything about me, you know my favorite thing on the planet is Sprinkles Cupcakes. I had been shopping that morning with my parents and the Smith's and everyone seemed so cool. I remember thinking back on it how nervous my mom and dad must have felt, knowing that afternoon their baby girl was going to be engaged. So he calls me telling me he was on his way and was going to stop by Sprinkles and get a box. What flavors would we like.
 
Was I suspicious? No. Him picking up a box of Sprinkles Cupcakes was the total norm. He did it all the time for me.
 
So I was upstairs playing with Landry and I remember dad getting out the video camera. Then Bobby walks in with the box and because I don't know what's going on, I continue to play with Landry. Dad says to me to bring Landry down, he wanted to video us playing.
 
Again...was I suspicious? No. Dad always videoed so it didn't mean one thing to me to bring her down to do that.
 
So I went to hug Bobby (and thinking back on it) and I remember him giving me this weird side hug. All stiff like. Little did I know there was a ring in his pocket and he was nervous out the wa-zoo! He had placed the box on the island in my parents kitchen. He said "Aren't you going to go get a cupcake?" I was "oh yeah. sure. who else wants one?" So I went over to the box and opened it like I normally do. I noticed there was writing but I didn't read it. I closed the box and re-opened and started screaming. I turned to my left and there is this man that I have loved and dated for all these years on his one knee, practically lunging at me with this ring. I remember I kept asking "really" a bunch of times and kept scooting myself back till I almost hit the pantry door. I don't remember when I said Yes, I know I did. All I remember is my family crying and me in Bobby's arms bawling.
(this was before my gluten-free days)
 
This man could have not asked me to marry him a more perfect way. With my family standing there and on Sprinkles Cupcakes.
 
My favorite thing about getting engaged was the feeling of true happiness. That is a feeling I won't ever forget. This man that I love deep down wants ME to be HIS wife. The women he is going to spend whatever life we have on this planet with. His ride or die chick. His one true person in the world. I am not one for being the center of attention, that usually falls to Bobby or my sister, but for that one moment, it was all me. It was all about me and what I do next. I would marry that man over and over and over again. He is absolutely perfect for me. I am going to leave you with the lyrics to our first dance. It's by Ron Pope and it's called "Perfect for Me"
 
"Perfect For Me"
You sit in the bathroom and you paint your toes
I sit on the bed right now and I sing you a song
It's not always easy, but somehow our love stays strong
If I can make you happy, then this is where I belong

[Chorus:]
And I'd just like to say
I thank God that you're here with me
And I know you too well to say you're perfect
But you'll see, oh my sweet love, you're perfect for me

I know all your secrets, and you know all of mine
You're always there to hold me up when I'm losing my mind
I wish that I was stronger so that I had more to give
I'll share everything I have and we'll find a way to live

[Chorus]

Even after all this time, nothing else I ever find
In this whole wide world can shake me like you do
It's true that something so sublime that there aren't words yet to describe
The beauty of this life I've made with you

And I'd just like to say
I thank God that you're here with me
And I know you too well to say you're perfect
But you'll see oh my sweet love you're perfect for me
And I know you too well to say you're perfect
But you'll see oh my sweet love you're perfect t
Oh my love I swear you're perfect
Yes I promise, you're perfect for me

 
 
Today is the last day in my Red, White and Blue party. Head on over and check it out. Give-away's and drawing's are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment