Thursday, August 4, 2016

12 months old


How old? 12 months or 1 year or 365 days old

Weight? 27 pounds (98 percentile)

Length? 32 inches (98 percentile)

That is where I am ending this monthly post like the others. I thought I would do something different since today is his birthday. I thought instead I would just write a letter to him. 

I will give you a second to get your tissue in hand. 

Brody Daniel Lewis,
Happy Birthday baby doll. You are the light in my darkness. You have the most contagious smile. You pull my hair one minute, then lean in for a kiss the next. Your laugh just makes my day. You have the best dimples and the bluest of eyes. I swear I could just stare at you all day. This past year has been the best year of my life. You have brought your daddy and I even closer. You have made us love each other more. When I see him with you, everything inside me just melts. I tell myself everyday that the most important thing that you know in your life is that you are loved. And not just an everyday kind of love. A larger than life kind of love. I tell you everyday I see you that I love you. I give you multiple kisses everyday I see you. You are my baby and my baby you will always be. 
"Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, Never to part, baby of mine"- from the movie Dumbo

Happy first birthday Boopa. God could have not given me a more perfect child for me. You are everything and more. I love you! 
-Mom



At Galveston this year, Bobby snapped these photos of him on the beach and I used them for his birthday card. For here on out, I will be doing a monthly update on Brody still. I love these and without the weekly ones anymore, you can still keep up to date with his progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment