Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pudge

Dear Diary,

Growing up, I played softball. I played it for many years. And for those years, I was a catcher. It was my favorite position and I was very good at it. I played up until my 8th grade year and there isn't a time that I don't think I wish I had kept playing. 

But that's not the point of today's blog. There is a man I admired as a catcher. There is a man I would beg my dad to take me to see at games. He was my favorite player and he happened to play for the Texas Rangers. 

His name is Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez. And today he got inducted into the Hall of Fame. 

When I read that this morning, tears came to my eyes. A man I watched throughout almost his whole career, a man I looked up to in sports, a man that always had his head in the game, finally get the recognition he deserves. 
OK sure there was the steroid issue but whatever. 

I am so excited for him. I know he will never see this but I just want to say Congrats to well a deserved man, the greatest catcher in MLB history. I mean the man is a 14 time- All Star, 13 time- Gold Glove winner, appeared in more games (2,427) as a catcher, with more hits, doubles, runs, and total bases than any other catcher....but who's counting. 


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment