Thursday, December 1, 2016

Taco soup

Dear Diary,


When I was at my moms last Sunday, Kara mentioned how she was going to make taco soup for dinner one night this week. 

First off: me and tacos go together like peanut butter and jelly. Like wine and cheese. Like my credit card and Target. 

So when she said taco soup, my ears went a buzzing. She sent me to the recipe and I made it Tuesday. The original recipe calls for a can of corn, but we opted out of the corn. And the best part.....Brody devoured it. He normally doesn't eat beans but he couldn't get enough! 

Here are all the ingredients and all you do it brown the meat and throw everything in one crock pot, turn it on warm from 8 hours, low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours and your done. We added Frito's and cheddar cheese to ours after putting it in our bowls. You could also do sour cream or chives. 


  • 1 lbs Ground Beef, browned and drained (we used 93% lean so there isn't much to drain)
  • 1 can Beef Broth (14.5 oz)
  • 1 can Kidney Beans (16 oz) drained
  • 1 can Black Beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
  • 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes and include the liquid from the can (14.5 oz)
  • 1 can Corn and liquid from can (15 oz) (we opted out in ours)
  • 1 can Original Rotel- diced tomatoes and green chilies (10 oz)
  • 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix (1 oz)
  • 1 packet Taco Seasoning (1oz) or 3 tbsp if you have the big can like me
  • 1 & 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt






You can find more CrockPot recipes at www.frugalsgirl.com 



Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment