Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Granbury, Texas

Over the weekend, a very special lady in my life turned 80! 

You might look at her and think 80? There's no way. But I assure she is. She is as fun as she can be. Can keep up with us like a 20 year old. Is funny and says what's on her mind. I just adore her. 
Mom, Kara and I decided to do something fun for her 80th. We took her to Granbury. If you have never been, put it on your bucket list. Especially if you love vintage shopping and seeing Broadway shows. And we did just that. We shopped around the square and ate lunch at Farina's and then we went saw a play. Meet Me In St. Louis was playing and boy was it good. I still have that song in my head....."Meet me in St. Louis Louis, meet me at the fair...." After the play was over, my dad, Landry and Granddaddy meet us there to pick Grammy up. Mom, Kara and I thought it would be fun to spend the night and enjoy our time together. After they left, we checked into our hotel, freshened up and decided to head back to the square for dinner. Inside in the square is a winery, D'Vine Wine, so we made a pit stop to sample some wines before dinner. For dinner we went to place called Eighteen Ninety Grill & Lounge! Oh man...was it delicious. I had Ahi Tuna, jalapeno bacon mac-n-cheese and a side Caesar salad. The weather wasn't the best but we didn't let that stop us from having a good time! 

Downtown Granbury. They had it all decorated for Christmas. 




A shop called Mimi & B's which is funny cause Mom goes by Mimi and she calls my husband B. 

Lunch time. We had yummy pizza and Rose wine. They brought her a delicious cake for her birthday! 



Show time. We had great seats. Next Christmas they are playing Beauty and The Beast and you BEST believe as soon as you can get tickets, we will be. I am super excited about that! 

My take home glass to remember my weekend by.

A sign I kept walking back over to and finally bought. It is currently hanging out over my bed! 

At dinner there were these really cool tree's made of wine bottles. I have no idea how they got them up there like that. Super cool. 

My yummy dinner


What a fun fun weekend I had with these beauties. I am super blessed by my mom and sister and I love that I get to call Barbara Jean my Grammy. 
I hope you had a wonderful time Grammy and I love you dearly. You deserve the best in life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment