Friday, December 23, 2016

Five on Friday

one. Brush-a Brush-a Brush-a
I bought Brody is first toothbrush and toothpaste the other day. He is loving brushing in his teeth. He is really good at it too. He's not so big on the toothpaste but he will get there. I am trying to teach him good habits now so they stick with him. Plus he has a mouth full of teeth so I thought it was time. 

two. White Wine for Christmas
Since the holidays tend to be loaded with sweets, stay away from sweet wine for Christmas (unless that's all you drink). Go with a Prosecco or Champagne. They tend to be drier and go really well with almost anything you eat this time of the year and the price range varies too. True Champagne starts around $30 and Prosecco's start around $8. If you aren't a fan of bubbles, Sauvignon Blancs are good too. Nobilo is a great brand that ranges $8-$10. 

three. Red Wine for Christmas
For red I would go with either a Pinot Noir or a Cabernet Sauvignon. Pinot's are good for red drinkers period. You can feel safe taking a bottle of Pinot because it's lighter in flavor and easier to drink and goes with almost anything. Mark West is a good brand is only around $7-$10. But if you know the place you are going has true red drinkers, take a bottle of Cab because Cab goes good with sweet, especially chocolate. There are many brands of Cab's out there and they range in price. A $12-$20 bottle is a safe price range. And if all else fails, take a bottle of a Red Blend. Red Blends are good to take if you don't like Pinot Noir. They are easy to drink and are heavier on the palate than Pinot's but not as heavy as a Cab. A good price range for those is $9-$15. 

four. Stouffer's Mexican Style Lasagna
Lunch is my hardest meal for myself. Breakfast is so easy and Bobby makes us dinner most nights but lunches I am on my own. I try to avoid fast food (I do get it once a week and share with Brody) so I am always trying to find something for lunch at the grocery store. I came across this Stouffer's individual lasagna in Mexican style and thought, why not. OMG! It's my favorite lunch during the week. I only buy one so I don't get burned out. 340 calories, 13g fat, 16g protein and 43g carbs. It is a little high in the carbs department but I am keeping up with a 16 month old so I don't let it bother me. Plus it keeps me full so its a win win for me. 

five. My new phone
So I did it. I finally upgraded and I am so excited. I was due for one but my phone was working just fine so I didn't think anything about it. Then Bobby cracked his Samsung and decided he wanted to go back to Apple. So he said he would take my phone if I wanted to get the new one. So I smiled and said "Why Yes...that is a brilliant idea!" So I got the Iphone 7 Plus in Rose Gold and I decided to go with the Apple payment plan. I get a new phone every two years with the possibility to get a new one in just a year. Plus Apple care is included so it was totally worth it. We go next week to do all the switching because I am afraid I'll mess something up and all my photos will be gone and I refuse to let that happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment