Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Rustic Christmas

Last Friday we decided to go ahead and put Christmas out. We normally wait till this up coming weekend but I have a full day planned for my Grammy on Saturday and Sunday I will be getting home and it would be just too hectic. So we decided last Friday it was! 

Normally I put a lot out for Christmas. I love decorating (even went to school for Interior Design) but because I have a 15 month old who is into EVERYTHING, I couldn't put out half of my things. But that didn't stop me from decorating where I could. We decided on a rustic look this year. Whites, golds, bronzes, browns, things like that. Friday night we went to Kohl's and I found a few pieces from there. Target was having a huge sale Saturday, so after we got back from Clyde, we went straight there. It was spend $100 on Christmas things, get $50 off. It was easy to do. 

Below are my pictures around my house. I'll do my best to let you know where it is all from in case you like something. Like I said it was Target and Kohl's but I'll let you know where each was. 

My Christmas Tree 
This year there are no ornaments. We decided against them. I do have one on there, which is special to me this year but I will save that for another day. (and no, I am not pregnant. It is nothing like that. It just means a lot to me this year but I would rather save it for another day). The tree is from Target (pre-lit) and the star is new this year (Target). I always had this pretty big red bow but the lights went out this year so we opted for a new one. The tree skirt is Target too. I will find Brody sometimes laying on it looking up. I don't have a picture because by the time I pull out my camera, he is long gone. 

My mantle 
The two things on the side stay there all year long (and they are Kirkland's). The stockings are hung in this order, Bullet, Bobby, Brody, Dani and Dash. The tree in the middle I got last year and I think it was Hobby Lobby or Michael's. The two birds holding Bullet and Dash are Target and the reindeer's holding Bobby and I are Kohl's. The stockings were made from Pottery Barn (B, little B and me) and Dash and Bullet's are from Target.

Decorations around the house
A picture of me pregnant with Brody, a yummy smelling candle from Bath and Body Works, a Rose Gold Reindeer from Target, Welcome sign from Target and white flowers from Hobby Lobby
 This is from Kohl's. It lights up my kitchen at night. And has a 6 hour time out, so if I don't want it on all night, it turns off after 6 hours. 
 I usually don't put wreaths out but when we were at Target, I fell in love with this one so we went with it.

A view from my kitchen. I love Christmas. There is something so warm and inviting about it. Everyone has things they have collected over the years. I always love going to peoples homes this time of year and looking at their things. There's always a story or someone who gave it to them. Christmas is a time for giving and remember Jesus' birth. Yes I love decorating but nothing would be impossible without the his LOVE. 
If you squint really hard you will see the one ornament. But even if you do, you won't understand it unless you know what it is for sure. 

What is something you put out every Christmas that means the most to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment