Monday, February 29, 2016

"Make films. Draw. Write. It'll make a world of difference."-Pete Docter

What a night! Almost all of the stars came out (where was Brad and Angelina?) to see the biggest night for movies. Chris Rock hosted and as much as I like Chris Rock......I don't think he did a very good job. I know he had a lot of pressure on him and the girl scout thing was super cute but it was way to over the top and boring. I found myself wanting to fast forward through his monologue and almost all night with him. I think Kevin Hart would have been much better with everything going on but it is what it is. All in all, last night was boring. Both my mom and sister came over to watch my favorite night on TV so that was a lot of fun. We ordered pizza, had wine and champagne and wore our high heels. 





Red carpet was great and seeing all the celebrities made me so happy. But nothing made me happier than seeing Leonardo DiCaprio win! I sat waiting for this moment. Playboy hottie for the win! 
And watching Brie Larson win too was just great. She is actually the winner for me for best dressed of the night. 
Also, who looked amazing last night was Olivia Wilde, Sofia Vergara, Cate Blanchett, Lady Gaga, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Garner.....and of course my girl Jennifer Lawrence. 







Best thing of the night? Leo winning of course

Best speech of the night? Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera for Inside Out---"Anyone out there who's in junior high, high school, working it out, suffering- there are days you're gonna feel sad, you're gonna feel angry, you're gonna be scared. There is nothing you can choose, but you can make stuff. Make films. Draw. Write. It'll make a world of difference." -Pete Docter

Best performance of the night? Hands down goes to Lady Gaga singing "Til It Happens To You" from The Hunting Ground was just breathtaking to watch. Dedicated to sexually abused people, she co-wrote it with Diane Warren. Lady Gaga herself is a survivor of sexual abuse. 

Worst thing of the night? Sylvester Stallone losing. He was robbed!

Here are the 2016 winners for The Academy Awards from last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment