Monday, February 22, 2016

"Wastin' away again in Margaritaville..."

So if last Thursday, #nationaldrinkwineday, wasn't your thing...then maybe today is! 

I love margaritas. In fact, it was my first drink after I had Brody. My favorite margarita is the one my dad makes. I can't share his recipe, it's a family secret but I can share with you my low calorie one that doesn't taste low calorie haha.
So below I have the blender size for the bullet. 
In it, I fill it halfway with ice (real ice...not the ICE drink below).
1/4 of the blender is Tequila (roughly 2-3 shots, depending on what you want)
Half of the Minute Maid frozen limeade
1/5 of the ICE drink
Blend all of that together, pour into a margarita glass and enjoy. 

1 shot of tequila is 64 calories 
Minute Maid limeade is 90 calories per serving
ICE drink has no calories
So this margarita above (if you use the blender above, it makes 2 drinks) has between 488-552 calories (depending on if you use 2 or 3 shots of Tequila) and if you share with someone, that is only 244-276 calories for a yummy, refreshing margarita. 
In reference, most margaritas you will get anywhere will have inbetween 455-680 calories per drink. 

Over the past years, I have come to really enjoy them. And because of that, I can tell when they are not made well. I prefer frozen over on the rocks because you get more and I don't get as drunk as when they are on the rocks! They are my go to when I am by a pool or at a mexican restaurant. I found all the times I had instagrammed about margaritas and decided to share them with you in honor of today!

When I was in Vegas for the first time, B and I went to Margaritaville and you can't go to Margaritaville and not have a margarita!  

This one was from a girls night out and part of my 30 days of being thankful I did over 2 years ago. Because being thankful for margaritas is totally legit! 

 This is the 28oz margarita from Via Real in Irving. And if you are wondering if I drank the whole thing.....that would be a yes. (I had a wonderful DD to drive me home)

 Mambo Taxi time! 
(these things knock me on my butt. They sneak up on me when I least expect it)

And last but not least.....My dad's margarita! 

I think today is fitting because it's Monday....and Monday's call for margaritas! Instead of MCM (Man Crush Monday) it should be just called MM.......Margarita Monday! 


You all know how much I love Emerald Sky! They just added some new releases including this shirt (and yes, I just went and bought it because it has me written all over it)! 
Oh and get this guys.....they are having a sale right now. Save 10% on any full priced shirt with "NEW10" or 20% on two or more full priced shirts with "NEW20". That includes women, men and children!  So now you don't have any excuses as to why you can't go purchase the shirts you've been waiting for. The sale will end Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment