We are almost done with February. I know it's a short month but come on! With Texas weather recently, you would think we are already in spring! If you are anything like me, you like to spruce up your wardrobe a tad but if you aren't quite sure what colors to go with, I am here to help! Pantone has put out their Top 10 colors for spring and I couldn't agree with them more. This year's colors are softer, calmer. We live in such a fast pace world, it's nice to slow it down some.
Let's talk about them:
1) Rose Quartz: This color is really beautiful on women and men. Women have the luxury of makeup, where men have to rely on fashion. Rose Quartz looks great on everyone!
2) Peach Echo: This color is a warm, friendly color instead of wearing orange. Orange is good for one time of the year or if you are in jail. Peach Echo will carry on into summer and probably for years to come.
3) Fiesta: This color has a south-of-the-border influence that plays heavily into red, which is a warm color. It's not a deep red or even a bright red, it's more of pink orange red.
4) Buttercup: This color is all about sunshine, happiness and cheer. It's hopeful, it energizes you. People see it and smile.
5) Green Flash: This color has a slight yellow undertone but still screams bright green. It will be well-accepted for spring and summer. It is the perfect color to combine with others but can hold it's own by itself.
6) Limpet Shell: This color is refreshing. Freshes up the wardrobe without having to go white.
7) Serenity: This color is one of the calmest colors to play with this year. Blue's reflect relaxation. This color will look great on anyone!
8) Snorkel Blue: This color is a more fun color for blue. Not as serious as navy but light enough for Spring. It's bright, it's bold, it's daring.
9) Lilac Gray: This color is your neutral color for the season. It has a hint of purple that helps keep it soft and subtle. This is not a color that will come and go. This is a color that will last in the wardrobe for years and years.
10) Iced Coffee: This color is your second neutral color for the season. Instead of tan or camel, use this instead. It has the warmth you want and goes with everything!
The colors of the year for 2016 are Rose Quartz and Serenity!