Thursday, February 11, 2016

6 months postpartum

Dear Diary,

It has been 2 weeks since I have gone on a run. 2 weeks!

First it started out as weather. I try not to take Brody running in weather colder than 45 degrees. With the wind chill, it's just too cold for his little body. Then it became I had a very sick baby. Runny nose, awful cough, feverish so I was for sure not taking him out in the windy cold weather. Then it turned into myself getting very sick. I got whatever Brody had and today is the first day I have been able to breathe normally. 

Since I am training for a half marathon, I have a lot of catching up to in the running department. And luckily for me, the weather the rest of the week and next week is going to be gorgeous. And since I am training for a half, I decided I needed to update my workout wardrobe. I have been running in old shorts/pants and just random t-shirts. I've never had proper running attire and I feel at the age of 30, a mom, a wife, it was time for me to spend some money on running clothes. I started shopping around and came across a place called Fabletics. Kate Hudson not only endorses it, she is part owner. I read reviews and decided to try it out. OMG......these clothes are amazing. They fit amazing, the return procedure is amazing and I feel so good in them. It's $50 a month for an outfit and if you decide you don't want an outfit that month, you can skip the month and they won't charge you. 

My body is not the same as it was before I got pregnant. So finding stuff that I feel comfortable in is really important to me. Before Brody I was weighing anywhere between 135-140 and I loved it. I was fit, I was healthy and I felt like I looked good. I am 5'5 and I have a booty and boobs. And I was very proud of the way I looked. Then I got pregnant and ended up gaining 32 pounds. 

Brody turned 6 months last Thursday so I thought I would do an update on myself. I weigh 145 now and I still feel like at the end of the day I would like to lose 5 more. If I can get myself to 140, I feel that will look really good on me. I still have a small pooch where my growing tummy was but it gets back to normal everyday. Also, my hips are wider. My old jeans still don't fit me yet which pisses me off cause I have so many. 

So here I am in my new Fabletics outfit. When I go run, I will wear a shirt over this. It is a sports bra shirt that is really comfy for people who have curves. :-) 



For reference I am wearing a Medium bottom (I am an 8 in jeans) and a Medium sports bra (I am a 32DD). In their shirts, I wear a small (for some reason, their shirts run a tad big). 


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment