Thursday, December 3, 2015

First time away

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow I leave for Vegas. 

Tomorrow is the first time I will be without Brody for longer than my normal work day. I have never been without him overnight. I have seen him everyday of his short 4 months (tomorrow). And diary, I am struggling. I KNOW I need this time away, I KNOW I need a break, I KNOW I need some sleep and relaxation but it's hard imagining my day without him. I luckily have wonderful parents that have the ability to come keep him for me and I KNOW he needs this time with them and they need their time with him. He's in perfectly good hands and these are all the things I keep telling myself over and over. But I know come tomorrow morning and I am walking out the door, I am going to be crying. I have already cried thinking about being away from him for 4 days. And on top of all of these, I have been super sick so snuggling with him this week has been a no go. 

I keep telling myself all of this and I also keep telling myself that I am going to go 4 days without smelling like baby spit-up and that I am SO looking forward to. So wish me luck as I embark on leaving my baby for a long weekend away with good friends. I am going to do my best to enjoy myself and try not to think about him 24/7. 



On a side note, Happy Birthday to my awesome Grammy, Barbara Clemens. I hope today is so wonderful for you and I love you so very much! I have always had a special bond with her and I cherish every memory I have made with her. I love this picture of her and my dad and a baby Brody. 


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment