Thursday, February 26, 2015

When in doubt, get a kids meal. It does come with a toy!

Cravings, they are a funny thing. Especially pregnant. I am not very hungry during the day but as soon as 8pm hits, I can't get enough to eat. And you don't have to tell me.....I know how bad it is. But during the day, when I do crave something, it tends to be fast food. And again, you don't have to tell me....I know how bad it is. But do we really know how bad it is? We are told to avoid it or only indulge in it when we want to treat ourselves to that occasional calorie splurge and we are told it's so bad for you and all this and all that. But have you ever really looked at the calorie content of fast food? I am doing my best to avoid many calories and junk food while pregnant so I decided to do this post today, to make myself really see how bad this stuff is for you. Will it change my mind or yours? The next time you are in the Taco Bell line, will you ease out of it? Or will this make you want it more and make you so hungry that you won't be able to control yourself and say "Damn you Dani....why did you have to post such yummy looking food that all I can think about now is a damn Krispy Kreme Donut!" 



McDonald's Big Mac- 550 calories 


McDonald's Happy Meal w/ Cheeseburger, fries, apple slices and 2% milk- 535 calories 


Dunkin Donuts Glazed Donut- 260 calories 


KFC Original Recipe drumstick- 120 calories 


Subway 6 inch Cold Cut Combo- 370 calories 


DQ small Oreo Cookies Blizzard- 550 calories 


Burger King BK Quad Stacker Burger- 820 calories 


Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll- 880 calories


Taco Bell Crunchy Taco- 170 calories 

Sonic Large Cherry Limeade- 340 calories 


Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich- 440 calories 


Arby's Large Curly Fries- 630 calories 


Wendy's Large Frosty- 600 calories 


Carl Jr's The Original Six Dollar Burger- 910 calories 


Five Guys and Fries Bacon Cheeseburger- 920 calories 


Red Robin A.1. Peppercorn Burger Monster Meal- 3540 calories 


White Castle Original Slider- 140 calories 


Boston Market 3 piece dark w/ mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and cornbread- 890 calories 


Cheesecake Factory Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake- 1500 calories


Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut- 190 calories 


And my favorite thing in fast food-
Taco Bell Original Doritos Locos Tacos- 170 calories 


Please don't be mad at me! I am only trying to inform. We live in the fattest country in the world, and these are part of the reason why. I am not saying don't indulge every so often, Lord know's I do, just read the facts, read the nutrition before you go. Understand what you are about to eat. You can find all nutritional facts to every place you eat, online, either on their website or on someone else's website. They put this stuff out there, rather you choose to read it or not is up to you. Calories aren't bad for you. Your body needs calories for energy. It's when you eat too many and don't burn them off is what leads to weight gain. There is a way to have your cake and eat it too....by exercising. And with so many different ways to burn calories, you really should have no excuse. 


So the next time I am in the Taco Bell line, I am going to remember that I can have my Doritos Taco (or 3), I just need to remember to walk an extra mile (burns 100 calories) or add a 30 minute yoga session (burns 98 calories) to my day and make sure all my other meal's are healthy enough to balance it out.    


No comments:

Post a Comment