Tuesday, February 10, 2015

She may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but she does know how to make clothes!

Dear Diary,

This Saturday I went shopping for myself. It has been a long time since I have done that but I am slowly coming out of my clothes and it was getting really uncomfortable. Luckily I had my mom with me and she was able to help me out in the dressing room. Our first stop was H&M. I love their maternity section. It's amazing. I was able to find a few pairs of jeans and this amazing blue top. Then we went to Old Navy and I found one pair of jeans. Old Navy's maternity section was kind of hidden in the very back of the store and not laid out very well. Granted this was at Grapevine Mills so it was an outlet store but still, they need to show a little respect. Put the pregnant lady clothes towards the front of the store or get better signage. Then after that I went into Motherhood Maternity. First time I have ever stepped foot in this place and I loved it. But better than that, I found out Jessica Simpson has a maternity line and they carry it. I had the girl point out everything Jessica to me. I am a huge fan of Jessica's fashion line. Her shoes are the best and her clothes are the best as well. I can't wait to share with you her stuff. Here are some of my favorites.


 Jessica Simpson line for Motherhood Maternity
 
3/4 Sleeve Scoop Neck Side Ruched Maternity T-Shirt- $39.00
I bought both of these. They are super soft and super breathable. I was only going to get one of them but I couldn't decide which color I wanted so I told myself since I don't ever buy myself anything, to go ahead. That these will last far into the next pregnancy go around because they are designer and I take great care of my clothes.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3/4 Sleeve Scoop Neck Ruched Maternity Top- $49.00
Another one of my purchases the other day. I am finding it hard to stay sexy because all I feel is fat right now. But as soon as I tried this top on, I fell so in love with it. It's gorgeous and fits so well. This is going to be my Valentines Date night shirt to the movies. It's stretchy and sexy and makes me feel like I belong next to my gorgeous model of a husband.
 
 
Short Sleeve Lace Maternity Dress- $69.00
I am in love with dress. No, I didn't buy it because I didn't see it. I love how her line keeps women sexy and on the feminine side. It's so easy to put on sweats and call it a day when pregnant, but I made a promise to myself I would only do that when I felt really crappy or extremely tired. That I wouldn't let this pregnancy be an excuse, and finding dresses like this help me keep that promise to myself.
 
 
 
Long Sleeve Tie Front Maternity Cardigan- $69, on sale for $29.99
I work in an office full of men and they like the air going so finding things like this work for me. I love how stylish it keeps you and the tie is in the perfect spot, right above the bump. Plus it has this "oh I didn't even try to look cute today but somehow I do" look. Did not purchase this.
 
 
 
Halter Maternity One Piece Swimsuit- $59.00
So I have a pool, my parents have a pool and my grandparents have a pool. We go to the beach every year so me finding a swimsuit this year is a must. I love this swimsuit so much and it's at an amazing price too. I normally pay close to $200 for a swimsuit at Just Add Water so when I saw that this was at this price, it really caught my eye. I love the playful skirt and the low back. A way to show off your maternity body without scaring the kids. Haven't bought this (*yet*).
 
 
Long Secret Fit Belly® Plain Weave Denim 5 Pocket Skinny Leg Maternity Pants- $49.99 
Yes, I did buy these. All the jeans I kept finding were normal jeans, which is great but I wanted something in a color so I was so excited when I saw these. They also come in white which I debated on and still may go back and get in the next months. They are super comfy and go really well with the first top I showed you, in the grey and white striped.
 
 
Sleeveless Belted Maternity Dress- $79.00
This is a gorgeous dress for a wedding or your own baby shower. I have a wedding to go to in March and this is on my list of ones to go look at. It's so pretty with the lace on top and back. It's hard to find dresses that aren't super tight or don't look frumpy and when you have curves like me, when you find a dress that works, it stays in your closet for years.
 
 
 
These are just a few of my favorites I found online. Please go to www.motherhood.com for more Jessica Simpson maternity line. And like I said www.hm.com has a really good line as well but don't be alarmed if you go up a few sizes at H&M. That was the hardest thing for me when I went to try on my size and nothing fit. At first I had a small panic attack and then my mother kindly reminded me that this is maternity and H&M, so she went and got me the next size up and it fit like a glove. So I snapped myself back into reality and told myself that I am the poster child for not letting a size define you and was so glad I had my mother there to help me remember that.
 
Thanks Mom! :)
 
Love, Me 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment