Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Stay weird, stay different"

Dear Diary,

Today is going to be a short one. I was going to talk about The Oscars again and talk on a few of the speeches that were just great but I changed my mind. I am 3 days behind in my Lent promise and I feel like I need to catch up with that instead. Instead of taking something away for Lent, I decided to add a Scripture into my life each day for it. I realize I don't blog on Saturday's and Sunday's but I remembered I didn't do one yesterday either. I would like to blame it on pregnancy brain and a little part of that is probably right but there is no one else to blame but myself so for today's blog, I have 4 different Scriptures. I am trying to keep all of them about Jesus and his work and everything he did leading up to Easter.
 
For Saturday:
Luke 5, verses 12-16: Healing a Leper (ESV): 12 While he was in one of the cities, there came a man full of leprosy. And when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and begged him, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean." 13 And Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him. 14 And he charged him to tell no one, but "go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commended, for a proof to them." 15 But now even more the report about him went abroad, and great crowds gathered to hear him and to be healed of their infirmities. 16 But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray.
 
For Sunday:
Luke 6, verses 37-38 (ESV): 37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
 
For Monday:
Luke 7, verses 13-16: Raising a Widow's Son (ESV): 13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." 14 The he came up and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still. And he said, "Young man, I say to you, Rise." 15 And the dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. 16 Fear seized them all, and they glorified God, saying, " A great prophet has arisen amoung us!" and "God has visited his people!"
 
For today:
Matthew 22, verses 36-39: The Greatest Commandment (ESV): 36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
 
 
 
Dear God, I apologize for not keeping my word. I have no excuse but only an apology. Thank you for your words. Thank you for your reminders about keeping you first in my life and loving people for who they are. We live in such a mean world sometimes, a world where a kid thinks his only way out is to take his own life. A world where people bully other people because they themselves are getting bullied at home. A world that lights dogs on fire for no reason then to have fun. I pray for these people. The people that don't know you, the people who have not known your love. The people who are suffering and can't find way out. Please Lord, fill there hearts like you fill mine. Remind them you are always a step in front and always there to catch them, if they just let you. Thank you for putting people like Graham Moore into the world, to remind those "different" kids/people that it's ok to be "different". 
I love you Father.
 
 
 
Love, Me    

No comments:

Post a Comment