Monday, February 16, 2015

Not gonna lie.....I am a little jealous of Betty White!

What a great weekend! The weather was perfect for Valentine's Day. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Bobby and I started our day at a yummy café in Grapevine called Old West Café. If you have not been there, you must go. Be prepared to wait in line though. That place was popular. 
http://oldwestcafe.us/
Click on the picture to take you to their website.



After a hardy breakfast, we went and got massages at Hand and Stone Massage place in Las Colinas. It was amazing. I had never had a prenatal massage before so I was a little curious as to how it was different. She had me on a inclined bed and slowly lowered me down some. She stayed away from pressure points (due to the fact that they could induce premature labor) and I had to lay on my side, with a pillow between my legs to get my back massaged. It was just what I needed. Ask for Olga Salazar, she was the best!
http://www.handandstone.com/
Click on the picture to take you to their website

Then we went home and Bobby decided to go to the gym. So what did I do? I went for a run! I have learned to empty my bladder before I do anything but this little guy doesn't care. I got a mile into my run and all of a sudden had this awful urge to pee. And running made it worse. So I had to walk/jog back home, where I proceeded to hurt my left calf (I'm fine now, just pulled it). Finally made it home upset and frustrated. So what did I decide to do then....I put on my swimsuit, grabbed my kindle and went outside. I can't believe I was laying out in February by my pool. I am currently reading Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and I am on the second book. I have a lot of opinions on this book and maybe one day, after I have read all 3, I will do a blog on it.

 
Bobby got home, we got cleaned up and went to on our Valentine's date to the movies. We always go to the AMC Grapevine Mills and either do the Fork and Screen theater or the Cinema Suites theater. Don't know what they are? Click here for more details! Once you go, you will never go anywhere else! I bought us tickets on Wednesday (as soon as they came out) to see Kingsman: The Secret Service and it did not disappoint. Holy moly was this a good movie. From start to finish, there was never a dull moment. Comedy, action, adventure, good looking men, dogs. We laughed, we jumped, I think I had my hand over my mouth a few times from being shocked. I mean, this movie has it all. Then we stopped and got frozen yogurt, went home and crashed.

 
 
We slept in Sunday morning, went to church, had a wonderful lazy Sunday and watched The SNL 40 last night. Boy, was that well put together. It was great seeing all the old cast members and watching some skits. Not a dull moment in that (except when the Paul's sang.....I know I am going to get bashed for this but those men just need to retire. Take their money and go buy an island and have fun. Paul M. sounded awful and Paul S. bored me).


 
 
 
 
The Oscars are this Sunday......Don't forget. This week I will put up all the nominations and tell you my little rituals I do to prepare for that night. It is by far one of my favorite nights. Can't wait! I also have a very special Dear Diary post to my sweet chocolate lab Maddy planned. We are 16 weeks this week so hoping my dogs do as well as last week for the weekly picture.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment