Friday, February 20, 2015

16 weeks

We switched places this time because the other place is hard to get the couch in that position and to keep the dogs on it for any period of time is hard. But they did so good on this couch cause it's comfy for them. I am not a fan of the background so it might be different next week. Isn't it funny how Dash is always beside me and Bullet on the end. Dash won't let Bullet between us. It may start with Bullet in the middle, but Dash ends up jumping over him and pushing him. Momma's boy! 


How far along? 16 weeks and 3 days

Total weight gain? 5 lbs- which I am thrilled about. I finally feel like I am on the right weight path with the number of weeks I am. I never thought I would be thrilled to be gaining weight but knowing he is growing good makes me happy about it. 

Maternity clothes? About 90% yes. Pants for sure and mostly my tops. I still have a few of my dresses I can wear and all of my sweaters still fit me. 

Sleeping? This week I have been sleeping really good. I haven't had many dreams this week or at least nothing like last week. I have felt more tired in the afternoon then I think I should in my 2nd trimester but I am not worried about it. 

Best moment this week? Actually feeling pregnant and not just fat. Yesterday in the outfit I wore, you could really tell. I had 3 people compliment me about it and I just grinned. 

Worst moment this week? This week has been really good. I haven't had anything bad happen. It's been a pretty low key week. I haven't been wanting to use the treadmill so my exercise this week has not been good. I am an outdoors walker/runner and hate treadmills so when I get in this mood, it's really hard to get me out. 

Do I miss anything? At this moment in time, no. I am finally over not eating sushi and the shocker of all shocks, I haven't really wanted wine. I haven't even thought about it to be honest. I thought it was going to be really hard for me, because of my passion and love for wine, but I think I have shocked myself more than anyone when it comes to it. I am not a big liquor drinker nor do I drink beer, so they haven't even crossed my mind. Plus Bobby doesn't drink on a regular basis so I don't have to see him do it in front of me. 

Cravings? Lay's pickle chips. I got me a small bag at the gas station yesterday and ended up eating the whole bag within the day. One night a week I make egg drop soup and this week it's all I have thought about. Milk is high on my craving list. I switched to Vitamin D milk for the benefits for the baby and I can't seem to get enough of it. I have found I have been craving plain food. I feel like I am reverting back into my first trimester; being tired, not wanting much food, sleeping. My first trimester went so perfectly smooth, like my second should be going. It's like they decided to switch on me.

Aversions? Just food in general. I am trying my best to eat small meals during the day but nothing sounds good and a girl can't live on chips and milk alone. The weight would really come on and I am trying to avoid gaining more than I need too. Bobby is so good about cooking healthy meals at night and I do my best to eat my whole plate but some nights I just stare at it. I am a huge breakfast eater but even now I have to force myself to eat something. I have been wanting carbs but being gluten free limits me so trying to find a balance is just hard and not something I like doing. 

Pregnancy symptoms? Tired. Forgetfulness. Peeing every hour. Waking up at 2am and wanting ice cream. Starving but nothing looks good. My nipples have killed me this week. Belly has finally decided to pop some. 

Belly Button? In

Stretch marks? Nope

Looking forward to? Getting a 100% confirmation that this little bugger is a boy. With the genetic testing, they claim they are only 80% sure and they say they get girls wrong more than boys. But let me tell you, the doctor focused right on his parts and explained to me what it would look like if boy and girl and I am 100% confident this is a little boy, and the doctor seemed pretty confident he was looking at a penis. He even went around and around the area to see it at different angles. Baby boy had his legs spread eagle and showing off already. But to hear them 100% confirm it for me will just be music to my ears. 

Gender? Doctor- 80% boy. Mom- 100% boy 

Name? Still can't decide between the 2 names we have. I think we have moved over it for a while and to see if one just keeps sticking in our minds. You try to not associate people or actors with names but it's hard. 

Due date? August 4th, 2015 



Scripture of the day comes from Luke, chapter 4, verses 1-13 (ESV); The Temptation of Jesus: 1 And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness 2 for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And he ate nothing during those days. And when they were ended, he was hungry. 3 The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread." 4 And Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone.' " 5 And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, 6 and said to him, "To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it have been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. 7 If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours." 8 And Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.' " 9 And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, "If you the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, 10 for it is written, 'He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you,' 11 and 'On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.' " 12 And Jesus answered him, "It is said, 'You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' " 13 And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time. 


Dear God, the devil tries to tempt me everyday. And everyday I must remind myself of your word and your blessing of Jesus Christ to confess my sins to. Thank you for always believing in me and giving me constant reminders of your good in the world. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment