Friday, February 6, 2015

14 weeks

Can you tell Bullet is over these photos? Like he has something better to be doing.


How far along? 14 weeks and 3 days......2nd trimester yay

Total weight gain? 2 lbs. Ok before you freak out mom, yes I did lose weight this week. We aren't 100% sure why but my doctor wasn't to concerned. Since I had just gone to the doctor Friday and baby was perfect, she told me to up my food a few calories and to not worry. It happens. I have been trying to eat good and work out so I think that has something to do with it. And I am not as bloated as I was so (thank God) so I'm sure that has to do with it as well.

Maternity clothes? I have noticed my belly popping out more this week. It's like I hit 14 weeks and my stomach decided it was ready to make its debut. Except I think I look more like I have had too many beers and fries and I am afraid that everyone else thinks that too. So as far as maternity clothes go, I am 30% in them. Mostly my pants. Shirts still fit me fine and dresses work too. And leggings, thank God for those.
 
Sleeping? I had a few restless nights this week but the past 2 nights have been great. I have gone to bed at like 9:30 and I am out! I have learned to stop drinking anything by 8:30pm so I have a good hour to get it out. So I have only been waking up once in the middle of the night to go pee so that is helping the sleep.

Best moment this week? Finding out it was a Boy! Just hearing those words. I would have been excited either way, but I wanted a boy first so when it was confirmed for me, it just made it that much special. The Lewis name will continue on. I always saw myself as being a boy mom so it just fits for me. Another best moment this week was watching the video of the sonogram the lady sent me home with, with Bobby. Since he wasn't there, they recorded the first part of the sonogram so I could take it home. I could watch it all day. It even freezes where she was showing me his man parts. :)

Worst moment this week? Losing weight. It scared me a little and if I hadn't just gone to the doctor, I would have been calling my doctor every day.

Do I miss anything? Wine. Raw sushi. Luckily Blue Fish makes amazing cooked rolls so I have been getting my Sushi fix that way but I just want a tuna tower or my cucumber roll up thing that has fresh tuna, salmon and yellowtail in it. And did I mention Wine?

Cravings? Chips, mostly Doritos. For some reason, I can not get them off my mind. I even had a dream this week that I was in bed watching TV eating an endless amount of Doritos. It's getting really bad. I think I am going to have suck it up this week and get me a bag at the grocery store. It's the only solution I see to end this consistent want for them. And milk. I am always wanting milk. I switched to Vitamin D when I found out I was pregnant because I heard the benefits for your child with it are great. Plus if babies don't get enough calcium, they start to take from your bones which can lead to Osteoporosis later in life. Also, I want this baby as strong and *Mighty* as can be

Aversions? Chicken. Don't even bring it around me. I don't want to eat it and I don't want to see it. And cooked vegetables (except Asparagus because it keeps it's hard texture). I don't like them soggy. The must be raw veggies where I can dip them in ranch/peanut butter or eat them on a salad.

Pregnancy symptoms? Forgetfulness has become something I apologize for on a daily basis now. I do my best to remember things but I just can't. I have become dumb in my daily life. I forgot I was running bath water this week and caught it right before it spilled over. I forgot I made hot tea and it was kindly brought to me while I was taking a bath on another night. If my head wasn't attached to the rest of me, I would forget it too.

Belly Button? In

Stretch marks? None

Looking forward to? Picking out paint samples and decorating the room. I found the furniture I want for the baby this week but I need to paint and pick out a theme I want before I bring it in. I don't know if I want to do a theme or just simple colors. I don't want to paint anything too dramatic where I can't resale my house at a future day or I hate after 6 months of looking at it. I look at Pinterest almost everyday for ideas and I have found a few I like. It's just a matter of how much work do I want to put into the room. I am a drawer/painter so I would like to do some detail work on one of the walls but I don't know if I really want to take that much time to do it. I may just draw on a canvas for the room or something. We will see. But first, paint samples.

Gender? Baby Boy!

Name? Mighty Mouse for now. We have 2 names picked out but we are not revealing them (except the few family members who we have told, but they get that privilege). I don't even think we will pick the one we want till we actually see him. One name will be if he comes out looking more like Bobby and has more of Bobby's features; long, lean and lighter hair. And the other is if he comes out looking more like me; darker, chubbier with a button nose. Naming your child is a big deal and because these names are on the opposite side of the spectrum, I think we will keep the names to ourselves till we see him.

Due? August 4, 2015


(I'm sure you have noticed that I having been wearing the same dress in each photo. It's because I want to see the progression of my belly and wearing the same dress allows me to do that. Plus it's the easiest thing to put on and take off and when my belly does become larger, I can easily slip leggings under it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment