Friday, February 27, 2015

17 weeks



How far along? 17 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain? 5 and 1/2 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? For sure. None of my normal pants fit this ever growing belly and if I don't wear the right shirt, I just look like I've had too many beers and eaten too many jelly donuts. 

Sleeping? Like a queen, minus the 3 times I wake up to pee. I ordered me a pregnancy pillow yesterday so I can not wait to get that in. I hope it fits in my bed with my handsome husband and my 2 perfect dogs. It may be an adjustment at first for us but hoping we can work around it. Luckily Bullet sleeps at my left foot at the very end of the bed, under the covers and Dash sleeps at the end of the bed (on top of the covers) by my right foot and Bobby's left foot. Dash has to know where all 3 of us are. If Bullet makes his way up to our heads, Dash makes his way up. He can't stand to not be by Bullet when he sleeps. And in the morning when I get up, I let them out and they high tail it back to where I was sleeping and I put the covers over them and they snuggle as close as they can to Bobby. He loves it though. If it was up to him, Bullet and Dash would sleep at our heads, as close to him as possible. But I can't stand that so Momma wins during the night and he gets the morning time to be with them. 

Best moment this week? Getting a surprise gift when I got to work this morning. My sweet parents got baby boy a Mighty Mouse shirt. They had it made on Amazon (something I didn't know Amazon did). I have been looking and looking for one and never thought to make one. I hope this is his first of many Mighty Mouse shirts. Matt, Angie and Colton are going to Disney World for spring break and I told her if she saw anything with Mighty Mouse on it, to get it for him. I know MM is a marvel character but I wasn't sure if he was part of Disney or not.

Worst moment this week? Monday I woke up not being able to walk. I was having major growing pains to the point where when I did walk, I was hunched over. It took a heating pad and warm bath for me to be able to walk ok. Luckily, I stayed home due to the weather and was able to tend to myself at home because I would have had to call in for half a day. Tuesday I woke up with the same pain but it was gone within an hour. I found out it was just my uterus expanding and causing some discomfort down there. A friend told me that once I start getting really big, my ribs will start to crack a little to expand and I am dreading this day. I don't do pain well and I can't really describe it to Bobby since he can't physically be in this situation. I have put off asking him to massage my lower back, knowing once it gets closer in time I will really need him but I may be cashing in soon. Especially after I do the dishes. I would rather do the dishes and him massage my lower back than him do the dishes. (I have a weird way I like my dishwasher loaded and freak out if things are not put in properly so I would have to go in behind him anyways to change it. It's all me....not him) 

Do I miss anything? So last week I told you no, that everything was ok. Well this week has been different. I really want a small glass of wine. Nothing dramatic, nothing to where people would stare at me funny, just a nice, small glass of wine. I've actually gone longer than I thought I would but I may have to splurge and have one soon. And you can keep your opinions to yourself on this. I have read and talked to many different people on this situation and I don't plan on getting into a discussion with anyone over it. Not to sound rude but your opinions are your opinions and mine are mine. 

Cravings? I was craving warm chocolate chip cookies last weekend and we went to Home Goods for some decorative pillows and they have a gluten free section of food (go figure). So I bought a box but instead of making them into cookies, I made it into a brownie type instead. OMG they were perfectly delicious. I kept hearing "Damn you Dani!" out of kitchen all week because Bobby kept sneaking a bite of them. He tries so hard to stay healthy but when I bake, he can't help it. Thick crust Pepperoni Pizza has been a strong craving this week. Soft warm pretzels too. I am finding I am craving things I can't find in gluten free. Of course chips (always). This week's chip of choice was Tostito's Lime chips....they are the best! 

Aversions? Meat has become a strong aversion this week. And that's a majority of our dinners because he is trying to get protein down me. I usually love his meat sauce but I couldn't do it this week. He does his best to make sure my meat is a small and flat as possible so I don't have to chew a large piece and he has found this piece of beef wrapped in bacon that I love. He cooks it in the oven for me and then takes the bacon off from around it and the meat taste like soft roast beef that has been marinated for days. It's the only thing he doesn't really doctor for me because he knows I will devour it. Cooked vegetables that turn soggy are out of the question. 

Pregnancy symptoms? The insides of me expanding and hurting me. Not hungry at all and then starving the next. It's like it hits me suddenly. Pisses me off. Peeing every hour. Feeling tired. 

Belly button? In

Stretch marks? No

Looking forward to? Bobby and I have some big news coming in the next couple of weeks that I can't wait to share with you. But for now, mums the word from me. And no it doesn't involve getting a new puppy or the pig I want. First we are having a baby so me asking for a new puppy would make my husband laugh and roll his eyes. As for the pig.....that's more likely to happen after the baby comes than a new puppy. But that's not the news :) 

Gender? Boy

Name? Mighty Mouse

Due? August 4, 2015



For Wednesday's Lent Scripture comes from Matthew 10, verses 26-28- Fear God, Not Man (part 1)- 26 "So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." 

For Thursday's Lent Scripture comes from Matthew 10, verses 40-42- Rewards- 40 "Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. 41 The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person's reward. 42 And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will be no means lose his reward." 

For today's Lent Scripture comes from Mark 10, verses 13-16- Jesus and Little Children- 13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked him. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." 16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment