Tuesday, February 17, 2015

All dogs go to heaven

Dear Diary,

(Warning: grab a tissue before you read this)

Last Friday was a very sad day for me. I woke up to a text from my dad telling me Maddy had passed away at 5:24am. It was like every nerve in my body just stopped. I remember saying "oh no" and Bobby sitting up quickly and saying "what's wrong?" and I said "Maddy died" and I completely and utterly lost it in my pillow. Next thing I know, I have Bobby rubbing my back, Dash between my legs and Bullet to the side of me licking my arm. And I just couldn't stop crying. I don't know how long I laid there crying. I know I am pregnant so I would love to blame it on my emotions right now but I know that isn't true. I loved Maddy. I lived with Maddy for 7 and 1/2 years before I got married. Who is Maddy you might be asking?
 
Maddy was my parents chocolate lab. She was my 4 legged sister. She loved to swim and sleep on her back. She was who I told my secrets too, she would dance with me, she would swim to end of the pool and wait for you to jump off the diving board and swim as fast as she could to keep up with you. When she would get wet, her hair would get all curly and fuzzy on her neck and spine. We called her Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear. Maddy was the sweetest dog and we called her Goose as well. That's what she sounded like when she was talking to you, a Goose. She loved string cheese. You couldn't give her anything too salty or she would throw it up. She always opened her home up to any 4 legged friend but after a few days would love it when they left and she could have her home back. She was just a good dog. She was a kind, sweet, patient, loving, warm, friendly pup. I haven't been over to my parents house yet and I am kind of avoiding it because I know when I walk in, it wont be the same without her greeting me. I find myself thinking of her randomly and start to cry (like right now) and have to excuse myself to the bathroom to avoid eye contact with anyone.
 
If you have a dog at home, do me a favor. When you get home tonight, no matter how your day was, no matter what is going on in your life, hug your dog for me. All they give is love and don't need much back and a lot of the times get pushed to the back because it's just easy to do. I know I may be the BIGGEST dog lover you have ever met, and yes I spoil mine greatly, but someday when they do go up to heaven, I want to look back and know I showed them as much love as I could and that their short life on Earth was good and that at all moments in the day, they knew they were loved.
My dad later texted me telling me he knew when Maddy was passing away she saw Jesus because he was laying with her and her tail all of a sudden started to wag and within seconds she was gone.
It things like this that just strengthen my faith and love in God.






 

 
 



Maddy,
I have no doubt in my mind that you in a swimming pool in heaven, with half of your body in, standing on a step and your chin rested on the pavement, staring up at the heavenly sky. You lived 11 & 1/2 short years on this Earth but will forever remain a part of my heart. Thank you for being my sister, for sleeping with me when mom and dad went away, for drying my tears, for swimming laps with me, for being kind and gentle to Dash and Bullet, for always being the sweetest dog in the world. You were always so good with Landry and Hayden and I hate that Mighty Mouse won't get to meet you. I miss you so much and I love you dearly. Until we meet again my friend. 


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment