Monday, February 9, 2015

The Grammy's 2015

The Grammy's were last night and if I had even bothered to look and to notice it was 3 & 1/2 hours long, I may have opted to record it and watch other things. But I didn't and at 10pm when I thought it was going to go off, I looked and realized it had another 30 minutes to go and I *sighed*. In my opinion, it was a little boring. Last years Grammy's were so much better. There were only 3 performance's that really stood out to me and only a few fashionable ladies I thought. It's like some people just want to dress so weird and out there and I don't get it. I understand being true to yourself and being who you want to be, but don't they know a simple dress, jewelry, hair done and some makeup can go a long way on the red carpet. But never the less, these ladies made my cut of best dressed.
 

 
Beyoncé: Ok....this lady is almost always on my list. She just doesn't wear anything wrong. She is so beautiful and such a power house and I love her and Jay-Z.

  

 
Miley Cyrus: This girl usually makes my awful list but for the first time in a long time, Miley actually looked her age and good. Yes, she did show a little skin but for Miley, this was nothing. I've always been a fan of her and was excited to see her come on the red carpet for once not embarrassing everyone around her.
 

 
Jessie J: I was a fan of her red carpet look but not her on stage look. Her read carpet look was flawless. I wish she had kept that on for her performance. You talk about a wonderful voice. I am always up for showing a little skin, but only if its done right. And she did just that!
 
 
 
Ariana Grande: You talk about an amazing voice. Her voice to me is one of the best. I could listen to her sing all day. She is so tiny and reminds me of a fairy. She would make the best TinkerBell. I loved her Red Carpet look and I really loved her on stage dress. Oh and I really love her brother Frankie! If you ever notice him in the audience (and how can you not with that outfit and hair) he is always dancing to everyone. He just enjoys himself and that's what I love.


 
 
 

 
Katy Perry: Love her. Always have, always will. I wasn't a fan of her red carpet look but when she stepped on stage to sing "By The Grace of God", I was back in love with her again. She kept it simple. White dress, hair back and full makeup. She let her song take over and it was just amazing! Her performance was one of the 3 for me that stood out. She wrote this song at her lowest of lows, after her and John Mayer broke up. It was her awaking song that got her through it. Such a powerful song.
 
 




 
Gwen Stefani: I always love her looks. She is so stylish and stays true to herself. I always look to see what she is wearing and how she has her hair. Her closet is one I would love to go through and try on. And her shoes....oh man I bet her show closet is to die for.
 
 
 
 
Taylor Swift: I don't care what you say, I am one of the biggest fans of her. I know most people either love her or hate her but I can never understand anyone who doesn't like her. She is one of the most positive, uplifting people. She is mega talented in everything she does. I just want to be her best friend. She always has something nice to say about everyone else. A lot of people think she is fake but I don't get that vibe. And she looked stunning last night. And those legs.....how do I get legs like this?

 
 
 
 
So I have already showed you 1 of my favorite performances of last night.
The next one goes to Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney for their performance of "Four Five Seconds". In my opinion, don't even know why Paul was on stage. He barely sang and just played the guitar. But whatever, he's one of the most famous people in the world so why not stick him on stage. But I didn't watch it for him, I watched it for her. Rihanna is one my favorite all time singers and I can't wait for her next album to drop. I will be buying it that same day its released.   





And my favorite performance of the night goes to Sia featuring Maddie Ziegler and Kristen Wiig. Both Bobby and I LOVE Sia. Love her whole album. She has written so many famous songs and it's about time she sang some herself. But Chandelier is one of my favorite songs and the music video for it is my favorite music video. I love when Maddie dances. She has so much talent in her 11 year old body. But what took me by surprise last night was Kristen Wiig and her dancing abilities. We all know she can make us laugh and but I didn't realize what a great performer she was. I have watched this video at least 5 times and each time I am still floored by it. I hope Sia goes on tour and takes Maddie with her. You best believe Bobby and I will be as close as we can afford for that concert. And I love that Shia LaBeouf was the one who introduced her. He is the one from her Elastic Heart video with Maddie that has gotten a lot of positive/negative feed back. YouTube it yourself and make your own opinion. I love the video and find absolutely nothing wrong with it.
A lot of people ask why Sia never shows herself and it's because she doesn't want you distracted by her looks or what she does. She wants you focused on the song and on the story that Maddie is dancing for you. Growing up a dancer, I understand expressing one self in movement so I understood the first time I saw Sia. Plus it allows Sia to sing at her full capacity without any distractions.



What did you think of The Grammy's last night?
Loved it or Hated it? (Meh)
Were you as shocked as everyone else that Beck beat out Beyoncé and Sam Smith for album of the year? (Yes!)
Did you see the stunt Kanye pulled when Beck walked up to get his award? (It was kind of funny. Don't know what I am talking about....google Kanye West/Taylor Swift/Beyoncé MTV music awards and you will get it.)
Did you hear about what Kanye said after the award show about Beck? (Kanye's an ass****)
Are you pissed that you skipped The Walking Dead premier for this and have to wait till tonight to get caught up? (Yes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment