Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Linus says it best....

Dear Diary,

Sorry we didn't speak yesterday. This week has been so off because I have been so sick. Tomorrow is Christmas. Tomorrow, everything I have been working on comes to a head. All the gifts I have bought will be open. And with all the hustle and bustle of all the things around, the real reason of Christmas gets lost so easy. I have to remember that this time of year is all about the birth of baby Jesus. That all the presents and all the money spent is not what this time of year is about. Growing up, my parents were really good about reminding Kara and I that this time of year needs to be about Jesus. That presents are a luxury that we are blessed with. They reminded us all year to keep Jesus in our hearts and to understand that we would not have this Christmas time without him. That we would not be who we are without him. And anytime we went astray, one small voice would remind us all over again what the True Meaning of Christmas is All About!


Charlie Brown: "Isn’t there anyone, who knows what Christmas is all about?!"
Linus: "Sure Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights please?"



"And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.""
 
 

"That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."


Thank you Linus for always reminding me the true meaning of Christmas must always start with Christ! And that this is the time to be giving and to spread love and cheer. And that even the smallest most ugliest thing just needs a little love to be made beautiful.
 
 


"Away in a Manger"
Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.

The stars in the sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep in the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.

I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.

Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.
 
 
 
Merry Christmas to you all.
 
 
Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment