Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Vegetarian/Vegan Part 1

So what is this news you ask. 

A little over 2 weeks ago, Bobby and I went vegan. But not 100% vegan. We are actually more like vegetarians than vegan. 

What is vegan you ask? Vegan is someone who chooses to eat no animals or animal by products. So no meat, no cheese, no dairy, no eggs, nothing that comes from an animal. 

Vegetarians just eat no meat. They do eat eggs, dairy and cheese. This is why Bobby and I are considered more vegetarians because we chose to keep those 3 in our diet. 

Why I also considered myself to be somewhat vegan is because we are eating more of a plant based diet. If there is a vegan option, we are choosing it. We eat vegan protein bars and vegan meat. When we grocery shop, we have the vegan mindset. 

But Dani...you aren't true vegans and you would be correct. Here's the simplest way for me to put it for you: If there is a vegan option, we choose it. If there is not, our next step is vegetarian. If there is no vegetarian option, then we for go it and just eat. 

But what do you do for protein? Y'ALL.....there is SOOO many options for protein that do not involve killing animals. Veggies, nuts, beans, hemp, nut butter, tofu, lentils, almond milk, quinoa, sprouted grain bread are just some examples of how to get protein that doesn't involve animal or animal by products.

Here's some guidelines to our rules.....
*If we are out with friends or family, and there is no vegan option, we will for go it that evening. We don't want to be rude to someone who has made us food nor feel like we can't go because we can't eat. That's no fun. 
*When we are at home, we are super strict on what we make. Bobby only eats eggs for breakfast and I have cut my cheese intake by 80%. 
*We drink almond milk (even Brody) but I will still drink regular milk if that's all there is. 


I know you are asking yourself why we chose this. What happened that made us completely change everything about the way we eat. 
And I am saving that answer for Thursday because I want to really talk about it and share an interview of a friends dad I got. So come on back Thursday and I will answer the rest of your questions and really break down our choice for you. Including the changes we have seen to our bodies and mind. And please feel free to ask me anything, I might just blog your question! 

No comments:

Post a Comment