Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Brody's Halloween Costume

After I posted the picture of Brody in his Halloween costume, I got asked a lot about where I got it and how much it all cost. 

Here's the thing. It cost more than an actual Halloween costume. BUT Brody will re-use and already has re-used every single piece of his costume multiple times. So I didn't mind paying more for something he will get multiple uses of instead of just one use. So I thought I would share what I did. 

I knew he would want to be Woody. That wasn't a question. Toy Story is by far his favorite and between Woody and Buzz, Woody would be easier to find pieces. I had gotten him Woody and Buzz pj's already so I decided he could just use the Woody pj set. So for the Woody pj set, it cost me $13.50. 

I had already bought him a Woody cowboy hat for his birthday so we just re-used that. That cost me $10. 

Then I found him some Woody cowboy boots at Target and those cost me $30. 

What is Woody without his trusty sidekick Bullseye so I got him a stuffed Bullseye for him to carry the night of. He doesn't know I have it and is going to be so excited when he sees it. That cost me $20. 

So all in all, Brody's whole costume cost me $73.50. If you take off what I had already bought previously, I only spent $50. But we have already gotten multiple uses out of everything and we will continue to get multiple uses out of it all. Like for instance, he has western day next Thursday at school and he will be wearing his woody boots! 

For reference, if I had bought him the Woody costume, it would have cost me $30 but I would have only gotten 2 uses out of it because he doesn't like wearing costumes. He hasn't hit that dressing up stage and until he does, I will wait and just use pj's for costumes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment