Thursday, October 5, 2017

Boots

Dear Diary,

Today God gained a black and white kitty cat named Boots. I got Boots when I was 12 years old. My parents let me adopt both him and his sister (who we named Scoots but she passed many years ago). Boots has been through a lot, seen a lot, lived in 3 different homes, been through a handful of dogs and still kept on trucking. He was 19 and 1/2 years old when he passed this afternoon. 

I am surprisingly not heartbroken about this. Sad, yes but not heartbroken. I think because I know where animals go, I knew he was in pain and he is now being reunited with his sister and that makes me not heartbroken. I haven't lived with him since getting married but that doesn't make the love less for him. 

Boots, 
You sure were a great companion all those years I lived at home with you. You always were down to snuggle and you had this weird love of pretzel sticks. I know you are not in pain anymore and for that I celebrate for you. Tell your sister hello for me! I love you. 


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment