Monday, October 23, 2017

The Walking Dead Monday

Hey guys!

So I am about to owe all of you that liked how I did this last year an apology.

I have made a decision and it wasn't until about an hour before the premiere of The Walking Dead to NOT do The Walking Dead Monday's with the synopsis. This particular blog takes well over 2 and half hours to write out and edit and I just don't have that time this year. Last years TWD was so draining and so much happened that I didn't really get to enjoy the show cause I was consistently writing it out. I really do enjoy The Walking Dead Monday's so instead of writing each week out, I am just going to do bullet points on each week. The main things that happen. How I feel about each week. Where I think it might go and thoughts. 

So again I do apologize if you liked how last year was. This year will just be different so I hope you still continue to come read. 

So let's get to it. 


Reviewing: TWD: Season 8: Episode 1: Mercy

SPOILERS AHEAD. Some of the bullet points might give things away so please STOP reading if you don't want to know anything. 




  • Tonight's episode is the 100th episode.
  • It also marks the beginning of the All Out War from the comics.
  • The note that Dwight finds attached to the arrow that says Tomorrow from Daryl and then shoots it back to him was so cool to watch. How they are together now. And how Dwight writes back about all the lookout people so Daryl and crew can kill them.
  • The scene where it is just Carl walking by himself is just like the very first episode ever of TWD with Rick after he wakes from his coma. How he places his hat on the ground to look under the car for the guy talking to find out where he is, is just like Rick did but with the child zombie. 
  • Maggie as a leader is the best ever. I just adore her and it's so smartly played on their part after all she's been through. 
  • What's up with a grey headed, long bearded Rick with a cane? Any ideas on that? A dream maybe. A wish. Something he's just picturing that he wants or a premonition maybe?
  • I hate Negan so much that I love him. Jeffery Dean Morgan does such a good job at this role. 
  • Gregory is such a snake and when Jesus says that Hilltop stands with Maggie, I literally said "Hell yeah they do" out loud. Then Gabriel tries to save him and Gregory takes his car and leaves him at Negan's place. UGH! Such a dick move and I hope Rick or Maggie kills him for that. When Gabriel does make it to safety, he ends up in the same place as Negan. 
  • Daryl, Carol, Tara and Morgan as a Fantastic 4 was great to watch. All their little things that lead up to getting Negan's lieutenants killed and all those walkers to follow Daryl to Negan's hideout was just brilliant to watch. 
  • Negan's whole place gets run down by so many walkers that I have no idea how any of them survived. Oh...I'm sure a few do of course but those who didn't know what was happened I am sure are dead. 

Things I thought along the way:
  • I understand they had a plan. But Rick said only one person has to die and that person is Negan. Why when Negan first walked out, did Rick not take his shot? I know they were waiting on the zombies but seriously! You had multiple clean shots that you didn't take. And what was up with the Polaroid right before he left. 
  • Daryl sure was driving really fast and blowing stuff up yet the zombies sure did keep up with him. Did anyone else find that odd? 
  • Judith is older yet Maggie doesn't look a day pregnant. 
  • Who is the guy Carl gave food to? 
  • Have they not noticed Gabriel didn't make it back? He told Daryl it was Gabriel who got him out of there, why isn't he looking for his friend to thank him! 

Where does it go now?
  • I honestly have no idea where I think it's going. I know they won't kill Negan that quick. He is the #1 villain ever and to just kill him wouldn't work. I know what happens to him in the comics so we will see if that plays out. 
  • What happens to Gabriel who is stuck with Negan and Lucille. I assume Negan has Lucille and I was almost sure he was going to use it on Gabriel (cause he asked him if he had his sh*tting pants on) but he didn't (as of last night). 
  • And what is the Old Man Rick scenes about? I still can't figure that out. 


Feel free to leave your comments, thoughts or ideas on this episode or where you think it might go. Again, I apologize if you were looking for a play by play of last night's episode. 
See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment