Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My battle with food

On yesterday's blog, I spoke about my 1 year anniversary with Swink. And while working out is half the battle to getting fit, I have found that food is my biggest battle. I LOVE to eat. And I love to eat bad things. Chips are my number one killer.....I could eat chips ALL day. Flaming Hot Cheetos are my weakness and there was one point in the past year when I was eating them every night before bed. Since I do have a gluten intolerance (it doesn't always effect me, just certain times) I suffer from stomach aches. Well these past couple of months I decided to make a change in my diet....and I will tell you that is when I started seeing results on myself. I knew I had been working hard at the gym and I was losing the weight, just not physically seeing the results and always feeling bloated. 

I am here to tell you that I will NOT stop drinking wine. 
I am here to tell you that I will NOT stop eating Flaming Hot Cheetos. 
I am here to tell you that I will NOT stop eating pepperoni and banana pepper pizza. 
I just won't.

But I am here to tell you that I have up't my fiber intake. 
I am here to tell you that I up't my protein intake. 
I am here to tell you that I up't my veggie intake. 
I am here to tell you that I up't my water intake. 
And that is how I started seeing results. 

I took out the bad on a daily basis and put in the good. Now I enjoy pizza once a month instead of every 5th day. I still buy my Flaming Hot Cheetos, just don't sit and eat the whole bag, instead I grab a handful and walk away. 

I have found that if I deprive myself of something I really want, it ends badly. So if there is something I am seriously craving and it's day 3 of craving it, I get it for myself. But in a very small amount. Just enough to fill that void and I don't over indulge like I use to do. 

I have also started a food journal. I don't necessarily write down calories, fat, etc., just what I am eating so if I do end up with a stomach ache, or I can't see my ab muscles anymore....what am I doing wrong? What have I eaten this week to cause this and where can I adjust?

I know some fitness instructors/coaches might not agree with me. But I can't just eat clean. I'll go crazy and Lord know's how much this stay at home mom needs a nice glass of wine on rough days! I am simply telling you what is working for me and my body. 

If you need any help on where to start, I would love to help. I am in no way an expert on this but having someone to talk to, having someone to go to about this helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment