Monday, April 10, 2017

National Siblings Day

Happy National Siblings Day to my awesome sister Kara. 

Many of you may or may not know but Kara and I are polar opposites. Night and Day. Blonde and Brown. Easy-going and Stubborn. Reserved and Opinionated. 
(I will let you be the judge on who is what)

But for some odd reason it works. Where I lack in life, she makes up for. Where I am not good at something, she is. When I am down, she picks me up. 

I am awful at plans. She is amazing at them. When I go on vacation with her, I never worry because my day is planned for me. She always apologizes for it but she should know after all these years, it doesn't bother me. If I don't want to do something, I won't do it. She knows this. 

Growing up with Kara was not always easy. We fought as much as we got along. There were many days I didn't like her because that's just what siblings do to one another. But the next day we would be best friends again. I remember all the break-ups, the groundings, the fights, the time she dared me to sit butt naked on my dad's brand new Corvette, then we lied about it and both got spanked! 

Kara took on an exciting new journey in her life very recently and I couldn't be more proud of her. When everything is set in place, I will for sure tell you all about it. 

We have always been in it together. When you get one, you get both. When you piss one off, you piss both off. We can talk crap about each other but you say one bad word about either of us, and you've got an angry Clemens girl! 

I absolutely love and adore you Kara. Thank you for all the years. Thank you for always seeing the good in me, even when I don't see it myself. I am super proud of you and I have enjoyed being your sister for 31 years, 9 months and 19 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment