Tuesday, April 25, 2017

1 year anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of my first day at Swink. ONE YEAR! I can't believe it was just one year ago I was so nervous stepping foot into that door, not knowing what it was going to be like. I still remember the fear that went through me. Since I am a shy person, I didn't know what it was going to be like or if I would make friends or be able to see it through. 

I am here to tell you that GOD has plans for people. GOD had bigger plans for myself then I could see that day. HE was in total control. HE knew it was what I needed, when I didn't even know I needed it myself. HE knew what HE was doing when HE made Kristen text me, telling me about it. HE knew what HE was doing when HE put the push to push me into the heart of my husband. HE knew what HE was doing in my coaches....before I even did. 

I was going through baby blues very bad and HE knew it was my way to get over this hump. I just didn't know it but because I have been taught to trust my instincts, to give up my fear to GOD, I allowed HIM to take over that day and here I am. 

I have more girlfriends then I could ever imagine. I am stronger and more flexible. My stand is better and my ability to pick things up has improved. I use to not be able to squat at all and now I can properly squat. I want to wake up each day. I want to push myself. I will be the first to tell you that I have no desire to lift heavy or try to set personal records....that's just not me. This is why I love my Swink Sweat class because it is more cardio based. They never force me to do something, I choose my own weight. On certain workouts they might encourage me to try heavier for a deeper workout...to push myself and most of the time I will do it. 


My favorite movement is running...but besides running since that's more of an action, would be handstands or wall walks. My least favorite movement involves anything with a squat (which is almost over half of the movements haha). I have had many ups and downs along the way. An up would be learning how to squat properly (even though I hate it) and down would be feeling like I can't do something and not trying. Or giving up because I've done it. 

I want to tell you where I was and where I am now. I was 148lbs when I started Swink. I am now 135lbs. I was wearing a size 10 and now I am wearing a size 6. My arms aren't flabby anymore. My stomach is tighter. My legs are muscular. This was never about weight or size for me. I want that known. This was about looking in the mirror and liking what I was seeing. Half of it was physical, half of it is was mental. Being skinny wasn't a goal. But being fat isn't either. I like to look good but more importantly, I want to feel good. 
Before on the left, now on the right





If anyone is looking for a quick fix...this isn't it. But if you are looking for something to change you life forever...please come join me in class. Or find something that makes you excited about working out. I am the biggest example to Brody so for me to take care of myself is the most important example I can set (besides loving each other and God). 



There are a few people I need to thank! 

First off, Kristen Lewis! You knew exactly what I needed to hear that day I was so down and you didn't even know it. You pushing me, encouraging me, being there for me, never making me feel stupid or I couldn't do something. God had big plans when he put you in my life and I thank him everyday for that. 

Second, my husband. He never once complains when I rush out of the house, 3 nights a week. He never complains when I am too tired to do anything. He lifts me up, he encourages me, he ask me how its going, he keeps my wheels spinning. He is the best father and he actually loves his time with his boy. 

Third, Swink Athletics. You make your establishment home to everyone. You never make anyone feel uncomfortable or make them do anything they don't want to. You are my family now and I can't even begin to imagine my life without this gym. Betsy and Meg- you girls are everything to me. You are so night and day but it works for me. You make class fun for me and just enough of a challenge to where I won't quit and want to come back. You make me laugh and I am so blessed to call you my friends. 

Fourth, all the women in my class (and the few men who bravely come to class with us). Half of the reason I come to class is because of you. You keep my head above water. You gossip, you play fight, you encourage, you make me smile. You ladies (and men) are gifts from God to me. I love and adore you all!

Fifth, Fabletics! You are always there for me when I need you, you hold me in when I need you to and you make my ass look great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment