Thursday, January 8, 2015

"Dani...why do you keep checking your phone?" "Sorry....need to check my fantasy football stats"

So it has been a few weeks since my fantasy football season ended and last we spoke about it, I was currently in 2nd or 3rd place. Well I ended up coming in 2nd going into the playoffs so I had a bye week. Then the next week I played my boss and killed him and that took me into the final game. The Super Bowl of fantasy football. Not gonna lie....I was extremely nervous. I knew if anything, I would come in 2nd and that would be wonderful. When I joined the league, my only goal was to not come in last. At least stay somewhere in the top 7 and that would at least be good enough to make a small name for myself.
At least show I kinda know what I am doing. I never thought I would get to where I got before that game. I knew I had killer players but obviously so did he. So the game is going on and I needed one more touchdown to win. And what does Odell Beckham Jr. do....make that touchdown. And I got to watch it. I got to see me go from 2nd place to 1st in an instance. I couldn't believe it. I went from losing the first game of the season, to winning the 2nd, to losing the 3rd, to winning the 4th and so on until I finally got a solid team week 8 and kept winning. After week 8, my lowest score was 100 and my highest was 142. Going into Monday's game, I was already ahead of him by 10 points and it didn't matter what Anderson did for me. Because I had already won.
 

 
I won. I finally won something. If you know anything about me, it's I have no luck. Yes I have been blessed with a gorgeous husband, amazing dogs and a perfectly unperfect family but when it comes to actually winning something, I am awful. Contest, Vegas, you name it, I never win. It's why I never gamble, because I know my odds. But I took a chance on this, and with the help of my husband, we won! I have to thank a few people:
           Drew Brees
         Justin Forsett
         C.J. Anderson
        Antonio Brown
Alshon Jeffery
Travis Kelce
Odell Beckham Jr.
Seahawks Defense
Stephen Gostkowski
Giovanni Bernard (before you got hurt)
Jordan Cameron (you did nothing but your hot)
Sammy Watkins
DeAndre Hopkins
Mark Ingram
             Mike Evans
 
And I really must thank my husband. For taking all the bullshit I dished out and blaming him if Drew fumbled, and wondering why he made me play this person over this person, congratulating myself when I won, screaming at the TV, becoming a complete bitch when I did lose, blaming him if I lost, screaming at him if he moved my line-up without consulting me first and for just being the most kind patient loving man that he is with me. It really did bond us, he taught me a whole lot about football, he made me make my own decisions after he explained who each person was playing and it really was a lot of fun. I am glad he talked me into joining the league. And if this is only year I win, it's cool. Because I will always be the girl who kicked all the guy's butts!  
 
 
 
 
 
And I cant do a football post without saying
Gooooooooo Cowboys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment