Friday, January 23, 2015

12 weeks




How far along? 12 weeks & 3 days

Total weight gain? 2 & 1/2 lbs

Maternity clothes? Nope. Everything I own still fits me pretty well.

Sleeping? Yes. I do wake up about 4 times a night to go pee but I always fall right back to sleep.

Best moment this week? When I was sitting on the couch watching TV, Dash jumped up on the couch next to me, proceeded to lay down and put his head right on my stomach, right where the baby is positioned. He has become super clingy lately (doesn't bother me) so I have a feeling he is sensing something. Then, he wrapped his arm around my stomach and fell asleep. I swear he's human.

Worst moment this week? Almost falling out of my jeep when it was raining. I have a big monster jeep and I am pretty good about getting myself in and out of it but I had my hands full after work and the sidebar was wet where I step and I lost my footing. I did catch myself on my seat with my free arm but it scared me for a second. From then on, I have opened the passenger door, emptied my stuff on to the seat and then walked around to get myself in my car.

Do I miss anything? I miss wine. And sushi. And being able to take medicine when I don't feel good. And Taco Diner/Mi Cocina's Mambo Taxi's.

Cravings? I am not craving anything. The only thing I think about at night is chips. But it hasn't gotten to the point where I make Bobby get in the car and go get me bag (plus he probably wouldn't do it anyways and I would thank him later for it). And sometimes, I randomly want a pickle. But it hasn't gotten to point where I just have to have something. Which is great.

Pregnancy symptoms? Tired. I never got morning sickness (thank God) and I don't have weird hair growing in places (thank God) and I'm not an emotional wreck (thank God). My skin sensitivity has become worse and my sense of smell is so wonderful I can smell a mile away. And my boobs always hurt. And I am dreaming up a storm. Oh and my memory is shot. For example, I wrote this whole post and forgot to add my memory lapse and remembered my memory was bad 2 hours later. I use to believe that memory loss when you were pregnant was a bunch of horse poop.....so I apologize for ever thinking that. This is FOR REAL! Like when I forgot my keys to my car at the CVS counter and got half way out the door when the sweet ladies behind me yelled at me that I wouldn't get far without these and jingled my car keys in the air.

Belly Button? In

Stretch marks? None. Using Palmers Cocoa Butter everyday.

Looking forward to? Finding out what I am having. That is all I think about. One day I think boy. One day I think girl. I read all these articles and take test and they say boy. But I've dreamed of having boys and they say that what you dream is what you don't get. I think I just need to stay off the internet for the next few weeks.

Gender? Don't know but hopefully find out next weekend when I go for the genetic testing. My next Friday's post will not have the gender revealed. Bobby has a guys weekend plan and won't be with me at the doctor. So I am having the doctor write it down for me and seal it and then Bobby and I will open it together when he returns and record it as we do. Bobby isn't a fan of gender reveal parties so I thought it would be cute to record our reactions and then forward that video to family/close friends. Don't worry, you won't have to wait long. I will post the video on the blog as soon as all our close peeps know.  

Name? We have 1 girl name and 2 boy names. So we are prepared either way. And I love all 3 names so much. I am so excited to call this little one a name. For now, I call it Mighty Mouse. It's the nickname I gave it when I found out. And it's funny because I thought I was 9 weeks along but because he/she is growing so good, they put me to 11 weeks. So it's like a little Mighty Mouse in there. Growing big and strong.

Due? August 4, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment